CONTECH
www.contech-cpi.com West Chester, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

AVOID CONTECH!

Sales Engineer (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at CONTECH

ProsMaking your own schedule is probably the best reason to work at CONTECH. There is quite a bit of flexibility as long as you continue to produce. The company provides a vehicle although the quality of the selection of vehicles tends to decline on a regular basis. The benefit package is reasonable however I have heard that they recently eliminated the 401k match. The sales engineers and product specialists call on a variety of clients including engineers, architects, developers and contractors so every day can be entirely different. Some of the guys that work there are great and I have relationships from my time there that I will always cherish.

ConsUpper management has no idea of the realities of the market from the field level perspective. They change the incentive plan every year and every year it gets worse. Don't even think of promotion from within. Ingersall Rand rejects now run CONTECH. Very few "at the top" have worked the lower level positions so how could they know the true day to day challenges that we face as field level sales engineers? Communication is very poor. Every year during my time at CONTECH, the field staff were not provided with the "new and improved" incentive plan until about 2 to 3 month into the fiscal year.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to listen to the guys in the field a little more. Set realistic goals. Lose some of the fluff levels of senior management in an effort to keep overhead down instead of reaching in the pockets of the Sales Engineers... PAY YOUR PEOPLE!

Sinking Ship

Sales Engineer (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CONTECH

Pros: There was a time when contech was a great place to work. It had a great reputation and many loyal customers. There are… Cons: Unfortunately, times have changed and contech has not prepared for the changes. Contech insists that the Sales Engineers quote projects above market price in… Advice to Senior Management: Try to be encouraging instead of distrustful. The blame rolls downhill in this company and stops at the sales engineer's level. It's not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Employees and customers don't like CONTECH.

Sales Engineer (Current Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at CONTECH

Pros: Contech has high name recognition in the industry. We seem to… Cons: We sure fire a lot of people! The company doesn't pay attention to what the customers say about what their needs are or what… Advice to Senior Management: Learn about the business not just what you think the company should become. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CONTECH.

Worked for CONTECH? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CONTECH reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CONTECH CEO Ron Keating. All reviews posted anonymously by CONTECH employees.