CONTECH
www.contech-cpi.com West Chester, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Sinking Ship

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CONTECH

ProsThere was a time when contech was a great place to work. It had a great reputation and many loyal customers. There are a few customers out there that view contech's products to be of higher quality and therefore are willing to pay a higher price. Contech is a national company so there are groups set up such as a marketing group, human resources, engineering, etc. that are very helpful at times. Contech tends to give young professionals the opportunity to break into the sales side of the civil engineering industry. Contech has a great core group of sales engineers that have been loyal for a long time.

ConsUnfortunately, times have changed and contech has not prepared for the changes. Contech insists that the Sales Engineers quote projects above market price in attempt to encourage our competitors to raise their prices which will supposedly lead to more money for all in the end. The problem is that our main competitor sits back and laughs at us and keeps their prices low and takes a higher market share. When management asks why bookings are low, we tell them that our prices are too high and then it's up to us to provide evidence in the form of a quote from our customers which isn't easy to get. The company has recently decided to not match 401k contributions unless we meet our fiscal year target set for the entire company. In other words, if I make my target yet no one else does, I still don't get my match. Management has changed recently for the worse. Pay is significantly lower for some than others. Management does not trust the sales force. The sales force gets blamed for the low bookings when the horrible state of the housing market is truly to blame.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be encouraging instead of distrustful. The blame rolls downhill in this company and stops at the sales engineer's level. It's not our fault contech enjoyed the residential boom and didn't prepare for the future by investing in RCP. The layoffs were unfairly directed at lower level employees when all along, the executive level grew fatter and fatter. How many VP's does one company need?

Employees and customers don't like CONTECH.

Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at CONTECH

Pros: Contech has high name recognition in the industry. We seem to… Cons: We sure fire a lot of people! The company doesn't pay attention to what the customers say about what their needs are or what… Advice to Senior Management: Learn about the business not just what you think the company should become. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Company gone sideways

I have been working at CONTECH

Pros: Very knowledgeable and capable front line (field staff) Good Comraderie Okay Compensation… Cons: Silo mentality between different parts of the company (sales vs operations vs engineering, etc) Upper management seems much more concerned with the next 6-12 months (potential… Advice to Senior Management: Start thiking more long term for the health of the company (5+ years) and start making acquisitions that… More

There are newer reviews on CONTECH.

Worked for CONTECH? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CONTECH reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CONTECH CEO Ron Keating. All reviews posted anonymously by CONTECH employees.