CORESTAFF Services

Enjoyable

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at CORESTAFF Services

Pros

provide one week vacation every 1200 hours

Cons

The benefits totally stink here at Corestaff

63 Other Employee Reviews for CORESTAFF Services (View Most Recent)

chaotic, revolving door of sales and management, recruiters are untrained in their sectors. Extremely high turnover.

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at CORESTAFF Services

Pros

nice office space with good convenient location. a few of the employees are nice friendly people to work with and that's about it.

Cons

Some of the worst systems ever. Technology used in offices for CRM is DOS based. Who is still using DOS??? Servers are so slow that it is impossible to do one's job. The desktops are not even PCs but dumb terminals. Spent more time with the HELP DESK because software is full of problems. Personnel stability does not exist. management not interested in listening to employee concerns. Collaboration not exist. For a company which works so closely with the Human Resources community, their own HR policies are completely lacking in inspiration. Benefits poor.

choose better quality of people as leaders. work with employees instead of just recycling them. There is a complete absence of training, especially for recruiters who have a rather low fill rate in some sectors. Not enough empowerment of employees. Get some technology that works.

Incompetent middlemen

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at CORESTAFF Services

Pros

If you're looking for a way to get your foot in the door on a MSFT contract, Corestaff is one of many agencies that can help. It has a reputation for being focused on providing Marketing talent. That said, the other Corestaff marketing managers I got to know were glorified admins in the world of marketing, as opposed to what I'd call "talent," so if that's the reputation you want to align with, then, well, great.

Cons

Aside from being zero value-add as a middleman - crappy benefits, no relationship management between their client (my manager) and their production resource (me), etc. - they were downright clueless about basic employee morale/retention issues and outright manipulative, greedy and unlawful in their standard end-of-contract mails that your unemployment benefits are at risk if you don't call Corestaff every week to check in. When Microsoft cut its agency billing rates by 10%, Corestaff more than passed the cost along to its contractors - we suffered loss of earned raises, 10% cuts, AND a rollback of benefits like PTO and the moderately reasonable healthcare for low-risk desk jockeys to the crappity crapfest catastrophic package they offer part time hourly foodservice employees who are somewhat likely to chop off a finger or fall off a roof. Seriously. The brochure's pictures tell the whole story. Expensive and low-value coverage. Why did they have to cut into our compensation so significantly above and beyond the 10% pay cut we were already absorbing? Because they're idiots who don't know how to take care of their assets.

Learn some basic tactics for understanding who your star performers are and figure out how to keep them motivated. Hint: If your star performers gain street cred at your client company and actively discourage other client prospects from sourcing talent with you, there's something wrong with your retention model.

There are newer employer reviews for CORESTAFF Services