There are newer employer reviews for COUNTRY Financial

Good place to learn, not a place to embark a career.

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Henderson, NV
Current Employee - Financial Representative in Henderson, NV

I have been working at COUNTRY Financial

Pros

Country is actually a good company to work for if you never had any insurance and financial experience. I considered their training to be superb and their intentions to be the "best provider of financial security in America" genuine.

Cons

However, not in Southern Nevada. Country is a very conservative company that is not willing to make hard decision in order to grow. Their products are no different than what can be obtained from other major insurance carriers at a fraction of the cost. This makes selling insurance and financial services extremely difficult with them. No name recognition and rates that are so out of reach of most people, it does not matter how hard their financial representatives try. Their affiliation with the Farm Bureau is detrimental to both the financial representatives and clients. The client has to maintain a membership with the Nevada Farm Bureau in order to be eligible for insurance with them. If the client forgets to pay their $15 membership, Country will cancel the policies. This affects the client with the Nevada DMV which in turn will fine the client for the lapse in coverage. Ultimately, representatives miss their benchmarks due to lack of production because they are unable to write new business and are too busy fixing mistakes from previously fired representatives. Retention rate after one year is most likely less than 10%.

1. Get rid of the Farm Bureau membership requirement. It creates tension between the client and the representative.
2. Be realistic when hiring new Financial Representatives. Promising future representatives to make at least $100,000 in income per year after three years is unrealistic.
3. Take advice from experienced representatives. They have been around long enough to know that you are just going to be here for the next 11 months before you fail for neglecting to ask for advice. It's sad to see new managers fail because they come in with grandiose ideas when they don't even know the local market.
4. Stop bringing managers from rurual mid-western America. Building a clientele is very different in a transient urban community like Southern Nevada compared to Southern Illinois.
5. Invest in new technology, the 1970's have long passed. DOS based systems are no longer adequate or productive.
6. Good luck!

180 Other Employee Reviews for COUNTRY Financial (View Most Recent)

A wonderful learning experience

Former Employee - Intern in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Intern in Bloomington, IL

I worked at COUNTRY Financial

Pros

They are accommodating to re-locating, the environment is great to work in, people tend to stay with the company for a long time.

Cons

They are currently on a hiring freeze, many employees would like to have the opportunity to explore other fields

Joining COUNTRY Financial was one of the best decisions of my life.

Current Employee - Agency Training Instructor in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Agency Training Instructor in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at COUNTRY Financial

Pros

COUNTRY Financial is an insurance company that offers multiple lines of business to it's clients. Financial Representatives are taught to build personal relationships with clients to truly assess their needs before recommending a product. We often hear the stories of the people COUNTRY has helped and those of people whom refused to address the needs. These stories motivate me every day to make sure we are helping anyone that needs it. A family can be changed in an instant if they ignore the needs in their household. I am backed by a great company when we say that we can help. Having a company that makes me feel this way is a big reason why I am more than satisfied to work here. When you then consider the competative salary and generous benefits, this is a place i can see staying with for the long haul.

Cons

We are not a very well known company and that is frustrating at times when talking to others about what I do. The pay could be a little higher, but I am not disgruntled by it. Other workers in some of the service and call center areas complain about other items, but I think that has more to do with their responsibilities than the company.

John Blackburn is a leader that you can stand behind. He started as a Financial Representative for the company and leads by example to do the right thing. He is available to the employees of the company and is down to earth in his dealings. I can approach him just to say hello and he does not take offense like other CEOs of Fortune 1000 companies would.

There are newer employer reviews for COUNTRY Financial