There are newer employer reviews for COmputing TechnologieS

Family atmosphere with good people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dumfries, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dumfries, VA

I worked at COmputing TechnologieS

Pros

Great benefits in a family atmosphere. Strong commitment to employees. Good communication between management and staff. Good opportunities for advancement within the company.

Cons

Sometimes the family atmosphere goes too far. Incompetence is tolerated for way too long. Strong leader phase. Some offices not progressive in terms of women in the workplace.

Tackle personnel issues head-on. Do more than set high expectations. Follow up and demand performance from all. Be more flexible with telework.

7 Other Employee Reviews for COmputing TechnologieS (View Most Recent)

Frustrating

I have been working at COmputing TechnologieS

Pros

If you are ex-military or want to work on government contracts with various agencies;

Cons

Lack of senior level leadership; lack of communication; utilization of only legacy technologies in operations but stating they are an innovative technology company; no career advancement available outside of contract growth; too much family and family relations hiring; it creates environment of distrust and favoritism; every decision has to be made by or vetted through president

So far, so good!

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at COmputing TechnologieS full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are great, management is friendly, and software is supportable. While I'm admittedly new here in Kansas City, I strongly suspect that this is a place I will want to stick with (developing software for them) for many years to come. If I learn differently, I'll post about it when/if it happens. I was concerned when I read other reviews for COmputing TechnologieS, Inc, because some people (one person?) had very negative things to say. I must say that I haven't seen a single one of the problems that the other posts mentioned. Overall, it looks like a great place. I'm not posting this anonymously, because I want people to be able to see it is legit, as one poster claimed that only management left good reviews. :) I'm a software dev in the trenches, and I'm leaving a good review.

Cons

The only thing I've seen so far is that the code base I'm working with is in a framework that is a bit old (Struts 1.2). That just isn't that big of a deal for me though, so it's a very minor 'con'. Also, decisions that require "higher ups" to sign off are a bit slow, but that is normal for the industry we work in, so it was something I expected.

Keep up the good work. Finding a way to automate and streamline the time recording system would be nice, but <shrug>, this is also not that big of a deal.

There are newer employer reviews for COmputing TechnologieS

Worked for COmputing TechnologieS? Contribute to the Community!