good pay. grueling work,hot

Current Employee - Dock Worker in Blue Ash, OH
Current Employee - Dock Worker in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at CPC Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay,decent benefits,no points for attendance

Cons

2nd shift only/no raises/apathetic management

Advice to Management

get feedback from employees and listen

CPC Logistics Response

Jul 29, 2014

CPC Logistics takes pride in making sure all driver concerns are given the proper attention. Management and drivers are kept up to date with new laws and policies. Come and experience for yourself ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I enjoy working for CPC

I have been working at CPC Logistics

Pros

Enjoyable work for a decent wage. I think some of the reviews I've seen here are pretty harsh. CPC is a good company. I'm very satisfied in my position and feel I am compensated fairly for what I do. I respect a company that has survived and flourished for so long in such a competitive industry. I know I contribute to the success of CPC...I don't need to be patted on the back every five minutes to know my worth.

Cons

Truthfully, I really don't have anything negative to say about the company. Sometimes the way they go about doing things causes more hassle and work than necessary, but I've learned how to maneuver through that. Sure, a LOT of things could/should be handled much more efficiently than they currently are. But I've seen so much growth in the time I've worked at CPC, that I'm confident things will continue to progress in a positive way...even when management gets in the way (which they do a LOT). I won't lie and say I love every second of my day while I'm at work. But for what I do, I really don't think I'd have it better at any other company than at CPC.

2. Review of CPC Logistics, Belcamp, Maryland, USA

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Belcamp, MD
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Belcamp, MD

I worked at CPC Logistics

Pros

1.CPC provided competitive wages and enabled each employee to have $100,000 of life insurance without having to pass a physical. They paid about 75% of the premium and the employee could take the policy with them when they left the company as long as the employee continued to pay the full premium.
    2. A staggered work schedule (4 days on 3 days off then 3 days on 4 days off.).

Cons

1.The medical insurance was capped at $250,000 annually. That may have changed after 2014.

2.The warehouse was stacked with empty aluminum beverage cans (4 pallets high(32 feet), 6 pallets deep and about 30 rows per aisle), very much like dominos with no fall prevention in between. Because the product was so very light, a minor mishap would cause a chain reaction just like dominos. Even an employee with many years of experience with the company tipped over the dominos and lost their job.

Advice to Management

Consider installing a "fall arrester" from the ceiling between the top pallets every so often to interrupt the domino effect of a fall. This could help reduce product loss and job loss.