CPEhr

There are newer employer reviews for CPEhr

Nepotism, Nepotism, Nepotism!!!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CPEhr full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent location on Sunset Blvd. and contemporary new office space. Great place to work if you're a woman, as it's run by a sister act. Excellent work/life balance, and the company truly values (most) of its employees. Work hours are 10am to 6pm, and management is very casual and laid back with tardiness or absenteeism. Paid parking, and one of the best employee break rooms in the city.

Cons

Nepotism at its worst. Favoritism is a way of life, and to succeed here, its more important that you make nice with the right person than be good at what you do. If you're lucky enough to be well liked by the right people, then you're set for life. But if you're not, or if you do something to upset the wrong people, the environment will get very bad very fast. Mediocrity is valued here; ambition is not.

In this day and age, the fact that nepotism (at its very worst) exists here is inexcusable. Especially since the company deals in HR and employment law! Favoritism is out in the open, and no one seems ashamed or bothered by it. Managers and Directors who thrive here could never survive anyplace else. Brown nosing equals job security, and those who aren't good at it or refuse to do it won't last too long.

6 Other Employee Reviews for CPEhr (View Most Recent)

The best job ever

I have been working at CPEhr full-time

Pros

This company work very hard to make sure employees are happy here. This is a very unique and positive place to work. I fell very lucky and blessed to work here. They have a great work-life balance as they are flexible. The owner has a very good heart and shows it with the way he celebrates all of our accomplishments. The President is continuously showing people how much she cares - not just in words but in actions. She supports all of us. Great vibe!

Cons

The only challenge I can think of is that there are a couple of people that have a negative outlook and can hurt the organization. I just wish all employee's would appreciate what this company offers... I try to focus on the positive people here and surround myself with the good ones (99% of the company).

I would suggest that they keep up what they are doing - keep supporting the employee's here. It is a good place to learn and that keeps us on our toes and management helps guide us.

They protect their clients, not their employees

Former Employee - Office Manager in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at CPEhr full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing I can think of.

Cons

This company is a cover for other companies who hire them to perform HR functions for smaller businesses. They do not provide those services with regard to the employee, rather everything in mind to protect their client. They don't investigate issues and blow you off when you need them.

Close your doors, or at least turn your focus on protecting PEOPLE and not corporations.

There are newer employer reviews for CPEhr