There are newer employer reviews for CPI (Missouri)

Great company of the wrong path

Former Employee - District Manager
Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at CPI (Missouri) full-time

Pros

Good people in the field. Fun business to work in. Many opportunities for career and salary growth for everyone from PT Assoc. to DM.

Cons

Company does not have a clear path or vision. Communication is terrible and customers and front line employees are bearing the brunt of the poor decisions from marketing and other leaders. So focused on saving a buck are forgetting how to make one.

Advice to Management

Change course before it is too late.

reviews filtered by
  1. This picture is worth a thousand words....just not many good ones.

Former Employee - Studio Manager
    Former Employee - Studio Manager

I worked at CPI (Missouri) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A small amount of photography and sales training.
    The opportunity to meet a lot of really great people and their families and develop relationships.

Cons

Equipment, props and backdrops were all old and in terrible condition.
    Not much management training and corporate is very disconnected with the studios.
    Corporate managed by the idea that fear motivates and cared more about the numbers than the happiness of their employees. If they would only realize that happy employees increase numbers.
    I would never recommend this company as a place for long term employment. Fine for someone in school and looking for something part-time.
    As a manager, I was told to schedule the top sellers with the majority of hours each week and cut the hours each week of those employees that weren't top sellers. This made it difficult for employees to get larger sells when they only had a small amount of hours. It also bred more of a competitive environment among my employees than one of a team.

Advice to Management

Take the time to understand that making your employees all the way down the line happy is important in achieving the numbers. Happy employees will be loyal employees and happy and loyal employees make happy customers and happy customers become loyal customers that are happy to spend their money with you.

2. Great people, great place.

Current Contractor - District Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Contractor - District Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at CPI (Missouri) as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful and loyal employees and supervisors. Being a part of offering a stopped moment in time. Customers are generally very grateful for great photos.

Cons

With the economy and an increase of piracy along with the craze of "Fauxtographers" we've seen a decrease in sales.

Advice to Management

Please keep us open! :-)