There are newer employer reviews for CPXi

A great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at CPXi full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's great to be a part of such a successful company. People here are friendly, funny and smart. CPXi has won lots of awards in the last few years, including the coveted Crain's "Best Places to Work in New York City" award—and with good reason: employees are generally happy to be here, with lots of reasons to love the company: gym membership reimbursement, smartphone reimbursement, tax free subway card (monthly unlimited), referral bonuses, year-end bonuses, raises, phantom equity, free lunches on Thursday, free breakfast every day, beer on tap, the training program (called CPXi University), the philanthropy, great laptops and desk set ups, quick tech support, lots of meeting rooms, video game consoles in the office and open-door policy with the top level executives. This may be one of the best places I will ever work.

Cons

In the last year, we have gone through several waves of firings, due to structural changes with an acquisition and also a strategic direction change in our tech department...frequent enough to make you think about refreshing your résumé. With all of the focus on great benefits and perks, HR and management don't focus enough on career trajectory. To their credit, HR does do a lot of surveys of employees and it's clear they care about the company culture, even if they're still figuring out how to make it better. The culture can get political at times, even though it's usually upbeat. Online advertising companies can sometimes adopt sketchy tactics and practices, and while CPXi seems committed to choosing the most ethical path, its not clear to employees if those intentions are always followed through on.

Keep the lines of communication open. Talk about the real problems facing the business; don't just put a positive spin on everything. Treat your employees as owners. Celebrate our wins more often, admit our faults more readily, express sorrow when we lose people or aren't doing as well as we could be. Look for ways to provide mentorship and opportunities for more than just the select few "A-listers." Keep finding new ways to make revenue and this will continue to be a great place to work.

37 Other Employee Reviews for CPXi (View Most Recent)

I love the culture, people, and environment of the work place. I enjoy waking up every morning and going into work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at CPXi full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company stresses on importance of balancing work & free time. Don't have to wear a suit and tie (huge advantage in the summer!), every body is down to earth and makes work very enjoyable.

Cons

Market is always changing and therefore can make work very stressful at times. However this keeps all employees on their feet and always thinking.

Great Place to Grow

Former Employee - Media Buying and Optimization Specialist  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Media Buying and Optimization Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at CPXi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

CPX combines the atmosphere of a constantly expanding entrepreneurial company with the stability and experience that comes with 15+ years in the industry. CPX is a perfect place for flexible individuals with a desire to learn and grow in the web tech space. This company also takes care of their employees and fosters a stimulating but relaxed tech culture. Quality healthcare, generous PTO policies, weekly free lunches, and a dedicated game room all contribute to the value of working at CPX.

Cons

As with any rapidly growing company, individuals and divisions have to flex and adapt as the company tries to position itself in the market. In other words, your role may change or morph over time, but this is a key advantage for people who are eager to learn. CPX is a "work hard/play hard" company, so if you're not ready to give 100% it might not be the place for you.

Never lose sight of the long term goal for the sake of short term success.

There are newer employer reviews for CPXi

Worked for CPXi? Contribute to the Community!