CR England

There are newer employer reviews for CR England

My review

Current Employee - Driver in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only reason i could see for working here would be to get enough experience to go somewhere else.

Cons

The general management is great but like all other companies they have bad apples

Monitor your boss employee relationships better

118 Other Employee Reviews for CR England (View Most Recent)

You only have a short amount of time to learn how to be really successful within the company.

Former Employee - Truck Driver CLASS A OTR in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Truck Driver CLASS A OTR in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England

Pros

Although you are trained to become a truck driver in a short amount a time and given you pass the course you are hired to work for them, i would say the best thing about the company is the benefits and wide range of resources available to you in order to have a successful career. Oh and lets not forget about the travel!!!

Cons

The company is a revolving door opportunity, people are hired and fired everyday. They are strict on their safety policy yet the safety training is vague. The driving training is rushed and incomplete, and once you're done, you're screwed if you don't have a patient and smart on the road trainer or a knack for learning super fast! Although i had success with the company, and had a good driver manager, i would have to say my downfall was the lack of training.

My advice to senior management is to put the love and respect back into the company and the people who work hard for you. What Mr. C.R. England built this company on, Love and passion for the driver and the road has been dismantled by corporate greed. The company is heartless and stands against the name it was built on.

They suck you in with a job promise, but the job they promise is not available at this time!

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Burns Harbor, IN
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Burns Harbor, IN

I have been working at CR England

Pros

If you are going to ( SUB ) lease a truck, they love you and cut your needed 60 day training to 30 days.
    If you are a OTR trainer they love you, you train drivers to support the new people in the lease trucks as second seat drivers @ .13 per mile, after your 60 days of training.

Cons

You can not make a living @ .13 per mile and pay back the school loan, feed your self, pay your bills @ home. If the drivers truck has there70 hr. limit and they are going home, the second seat driver gets to stay in the truck for the 35 hr. shutdown.I would hope knowone would get an indpendent driver like I did!! 1,200,000 miles, orignal exhust, schocks, dirty cab and sleeper, and a dog that I got to sleep with !!! wet or not.( For some reason company driver positions are very hard to get. They have hundreds waiting for company trucks, but gess what there all second seat drivers in lease trucks!

Take a closer look @ the people you send to the class. Your recruters are just sending warm bodies!! Oh- Now I get it those warm bodies make the best drivers to ( SUB-LEASE )

There are newer employer reviews for CR England