Operation Support Associate

Current Employee - Operation Support Associate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Operation Support Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time for more than a year

Pros

Treat office employee very well. Good Bonuses

Cons

Communication is a problem at times. Too many chiefs not enough indians. Drivers - especially owner operators and independent contractors are very critical of ownership and management.

Have a Christmas party

Other Reviews for CR England

Not Too Great

Former Employee - Driver Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Driver Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time for less than a year

Pros

The starting pay is okay, a family run company

Cons

I was hired as a driver manager. The shift is from 7am to 4pm, but you quickly realize that those times are not actual. During training I had to get there at 6:30am and there were times where I didn't get out until 5:30pm. That seems great because you think you would be getting a lot of over time, but that isn't the case. They have you on a low salary (33k plus bonus). You quickly realize that the expectation is to get there early and leave late. Not only that, but you have to work every Saturday for the first 5 months or so (Yup, that's right, you're working 6 days a week). Also, they “encourage” you to get on at home and do some work at night. I didn't think it was fair how they purposely put you a salary so they don't have to pay you for all the extra work. When I broke it down, I was making around 12 an hour, which is not worth it.

The benefits are not very good either. Your first year there you only get 5 days’ vacation; everywhere else I have worked it's a standard 2 weeks. Let's just say the first year you are there they are trying to quickly make their money back on you.

I would say that 80 percent of the Driver Managers are single. This is a tough job for someone who has a family because you won’t be able to see them much for the first year.

If you can handle the heavy work load then this job is for you!

Nothing to say

its a start in the business

Former Employee - Driver  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time for less than a year

Pros

give ANYBODY a CDL....i mean anyone with a pulse

Cons

lowest pay in the industry .12 a mile starting out o/o's get negative checks way too much negative to list...my job was picking up failed leased trucks, and i was always overworked .....worst lease program .90 a mile before they take out an illegal .14 a mile that no other company does

pretend you care and that your employees are human's and can't survive on the illegal pay you give

There are newer employer reviews for CR England.

Worked for CR England? Contribute to the Community!