There are newer employer reviews for CRC Health Group

A challenging place to work

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner
Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner

I have been working at CRC Health Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Reliable employment, probably because there is not a demand to work here.

Cons

Difficult clients, stressful, poor management employee support, very FOR PROFIT

Advice to Management

Please support your staff more and be less appeasing to the clients who consistently break the rules and obligations of treatment. Mediocre benefits.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If you like abuse, low pay, being threatened, and minimal vacation, this is the place for you!

Current Employee - Drug and Alcohol Counselor in Lehigh Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Drug and Alcohol Counselor in Lehigh Valley, PA

I have been working at CRC Health Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My supervisor was amazing, unfortunately she was also abused by regional upper management as a result. My coworkers are great people but all of us are so burned out we barely speak to each other. The clients are easier to deal with than management.

Cons

We do not have the tools to make paperwork efficient. If we did we just might be able to see more clients in a day. Of course the marketing department is truly horrible. Marketing does literally nothing and when they do they hand out pens and silly things. That was state of the art in 1975. We constantly hear about "making numbers" and "doing paperwork" but never about quality of care. Of course since marketing is clueless it is difficult to make those numbers when clients are not coming in. The pay is truly an insult and most of the time we are under pay freeze so, no raises to keep up with the cost of living. Benefits are the worst I have ever had and the most expensive. This job is intense and draining on a good day. We get 5 vacation days a year. I have worked a few other places in my career. This is by far the least amount of vacation days anyone offers. Overall this is an intensely abusive company where you are worked like a dog with no hope of a raise or advancement. The worst decision of my career was coming to work at White Deer Run (a CRC Health subsidiary).

Advice to Management

If you really mean what you say about becoming the recognized leader and clinical excellence, you will only do that with healthy, qualified staff. Pay people more, offer 21 vacation days, not five, invest in some real marketing. The rest of the world has functional websites and uses social media. You are still handing out pens and mugs. Stop making excuses for why you can't fully computerize records, hand writing records is a joke in 2013. If you escape the paperwork time vortex you might just make money. Real leaders in the industry use computers! Your Job Leveling scheme was an insult. 9+ years experience, Master's in psychology, experience in management, and you wanted to place me in the lowest level. What a joke.

The worst experience I have ever had

I have been working at CRC Health Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you make the right connections you will be rewarded because it is all about politics. A few nice coworkers.

Cons

Terrible compensation & benefits, discrimination, turnover....employees are fired after one mistake rather than given a chance to improve, no organization throughout company, upper management takes the approach of being condescending and belittling staff instead of providing constructive criticism. Management flat out lies. There is no growth opportunity. Outside candidates are always hired for management positions. Very cut throat environment. No work/life balance, staff is expected to be on call 24/7.

Advice to Management

What advice do you give to people who don't care? Find stronger leadership that understands the clientele they will be working with. Stop spending $10,000 on "business trips" that can be delayed and use that towards employee raises and benefits