There are newer employer reviews for CRC Health Group

Non-existent company culture - good place to be if you know the right people or are a serious bully.

I worked at CRC Health Group

Pros

No one at corporate is held accountable for anything. I saw many people make mistakes that cost the company many thousands of dollars (in one case over a million dollars). Normally companies would have held someone responsible and fired them. CRC leaders didn't even reprimand the responsible parties. You can get away with just about anything as long as you are good at finger pointing.

Cons

Terrible benefits, no 401(k) match, minimal vacation time. The corporate offices are morose: gray cubes, gray walls, gray carpet - it's horrid and depressing.

Company is horribly mis-managed by the corporate offices. CEO spends most of his time at his vacation home in Utah instead of leading this company. It's basically a free-for-all of leadership; whoever has the biggest stick sets the tone.

This organization is motivated by one thing: profit. Above all else, you must meet your budget. Never-mind that the budget figures are pulled out of a magic hat with no rhyme or reason behind them. So come January 1 - every facility is scrambling to meet unrealistic growth expectations. The rest of the year is wasted trying to scramble to catch up and not get fired.

The energy at corporate is what I imagine the last moments on the Titanic were like – you may want to try to fix that. More bagels will not help.

73 Other Employee Reviews for CRC Health Group (View Most Recent)

A challenging place to work

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner

I have been working at CRC Health Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Reliable employment, probably because there is not a demand to work here.

Cons

Difficult clients, stressful, poor management employee support, very FOR PROFIT

Please support your staff more and be less appeasing to the clients who consistently break the rules and obligations of treatment. Mediocre benefits.

If you like abuse, low pay, being threatened, and minimal vacation, this is the place for you!

Current Employee - Drug and Alcohol Counselor in Lehigh Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Drug and Alcohol Counselor in Lehigh Valley, PA

I have been working at CRC Health Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My supervisor was amazing, unfortunately she was also abused by regional upper management as a result. My coworkers are great people but all of us are so burned out we barely speak to each other. The clients are easier to deal with than management.

Cons

We do not have the tools to make paperwork efficient. If we did we just might be able to see more clients in a day. Of course the marketing department is truly horrible. Marketing does literally nothing and when they do they hand out pens and silly things. That was state of the art in 1975. We constantly hear about "making numbers" and "doing paperwork" but never about quality of care. Of course since marketing is clueless it is difficult to make those numbers when clients are not coming in. The pay is truly an insult and most of the time we are under pay freeze so, no raises to keep up with the cost of living. Benefits are the worst I have ever had and the most expensive. This job is intense and draining on a good day. We get 5 vacation days a year. I have worked a few other places in my career. This is by far the least amount of vacation days anyone offers. Overall this is an intensely abusive company where you are worked like a dog with no hope of a raise or advancement. The worst decision of my career was coming to work at White Deer Run (a CRC Health subsidiary).

If you really mean what you say about becoming the recognized leader and clinical excellence, you will only do that with healthy, qualified staff. Pay people more, offer 21 vacation days, not five, invest in some real marketing. The rest of the world has functional websites and uses social media. You are still handing out pens and mugs. Stop making excuses for why you can't fully computerize records, hand writing records is a joke in 2013. If you escape the paperwork time vortex you might just make money. Real leaders in the industry use computers! Your Job Leveling scheme was an insult. 9+ years experience, Master's in psychology, experience in management, and you wanted to place me in the lowest level. What a joke.

There are newer employer reviews for CRC Health Group