There are newer employer reviews for CRN

could be a great job...

Current Employee - Crisis Specialist  in  Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Crisis Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at CRN full-time for more than a year

Pros

The job has the potential to be a great job. Decent benefits, great pay, and the chance to creatively problem solve everyday. There is generous overtime and flexible hours. This job offers great overall exposure to the RHBA.

Cons

The job environment. Upper level management is completely out of touch with the employees. At times when staffing is low, mandatory overtime goes into effect, which can really screw up your days off and sense of well-being. Shift bids are a nerve-wracking experience which forces a few unfortunate employees to rearrange their life to keep their job. The micromanage your calls, despite that many employed have their master's degree and some level of licensure. The general feeling of the place is that of indentured servitude, and while management somehow wrangles time off, the peons have to find their own coverage for their time off, and even then your requests may be denied. There is relatively little room for advancement, even within the levels of Crisis Specialist, because they will find some reason to keep you where you are.

Please realize that providing soft drinks is not a reasonable substitute for taking us away from our families for mandatory overtime. We don't need to be babysat while we're on the phone. Provide positive feedback and incentives to do well (merit based raises might be nice).

8 Other Employee Reviews for CRN (View Most Recent)

Varied

Former Employee - Crisis Specialist II  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Crisis Specialist II in Tempe, AZ

I worked at CRN

Pros

The work is challenging and always interesting. The capacity for learning is endless.

Cons

The management is unaware of the work their employees do and are limited in showing gratitude. Worked for 4 years without a merit increase.

Show interest in employees. Offer merit increases as warranted. Respect employees in general rather than working toward financial reward for themselves.

Executive management provides clueless leadership.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at CRN full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Really amazing people trying to do noble work.

Cons

Executive management is reasonably clueless. They managed themselves out of a contract in Tucson and certainly knew it wasn't their fault.

There are newer employer reviews for CRN

Worked for CRN? Contribute to the Community!