CRN

www.crisisnetwork.org

could be a great job...

Crisis Specialist (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThe job has the potential to be a great job. Decent benefits, great pay, and the chance to creatively problem solve everyday. There is generous overtime and flexible hours. This job offers great overall exposure to the RHBA.

ConsThe job environment. Upper level management is completely out of touch with the employees. At times when staffing is low, mandatory overtime goes into effect, which can really screw up your days off and sense of well-being. Shift bids are a nerve-wracking experience which forces a few unfortunate employees to rearrange their life to keep their job. The micromanage your calls, despite that many employed have their master's degree and some level of licensure. The general feeling of the place is that of indentured servitude, and while management somehow wrangles time off, the peons have to find their own coverage for their time off, and even then your requests may be denied. There is relatively little room for advancement, even within the levels of Crisis Specialist, because they will find some reason to keep you where you are.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease realize that providing soft drinks is not a reasonable substitute for taking us away from our families for mandatory overtime. We don't need to be babysat while we're on the phone. Provide positive feedback and incentives to do well (merit based raises might be nice).

Varied

Crisis Specialist II (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

I worked at CRN

Pros: The work is challenging and always interesting. The capacity for… Cons: The management is unaware of the work their employees do and are… Advice to Senior Management: Show interest in employees. Offer merit increases as warranted. Respect… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Liking It So Far

I have been working at CRN

Pros: Great vacation/pto options, friendly and caring coworkers, relaxed work environment. I have enjoyed my time here and really feel welcomed and… Cons: Low pay, benefits package is rather expensive, a lot of change on the executive level that makes no sense at all. The executive team micromanages… Advice to Senior Management: Less talk more doing, no need for the amount of meetings… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CRN.

Worked for CRN? Contribute to the Community!