There are newer employer reviews for CROSSMARK

Great Pay and potential benefits...very little incentive.

Current Employee - Event Specialist  in  Ypsilanti, MI
Current Employee - Event Specialist in Ypsilanti, MI

I have been working at CROSSMARK

Pros

They offer a higher hourly rate for the amount of work involved. The pay is slightly lower than a merchandising position. They also offer various benefit packages which you have to pay, but at a discounted rate. Although for lower level employees the benefits aren't great, but for a part time position it's a bonus. There's no incentive to sell the products. They claim the percentage sold is job security, but there's no bonus if one item is sold or a million items are sold. The pay is still the same.

Cons

There is a lot of policy which doesn't make a whole of of sense that has to be followed strictly. In addition the vendors pay the stores, in this case Sam's Club, to do the events so it's not a controlled schedule. There could be a week where no hours can be scheduled because there are simply no events. Crossmark and Sam's Club over-staff Event Specialists for extremely busy weekends so hours are occasionally scarce.

I understand the need for policy that is uniform across the entire Company, but each store and event is unique. A lot of times the Sales Plan doesn't even make any sense mentioning the wrong product entirely.

In addition because of the fluctuating schedule dropped down by the vendors has got to be made constant somehow. I realize it is not up to the Club or Crossmark, but the morale of employees is greatly effected. This is absolutely horrible for a job that requires selling.

There has to be an incentive program implemented on an average basis coinciding on some sort of proximity. The goals are simply based on four times the average daily sales. There's some goals that are never obtainable - EVER. Therefore the overall percentage should be looked at more heavily in terms of some incentive, bonus or at least recognition.

459 Other Employee Reviews for CROSSMARK (View Most Recent)

I have been satisfied.

Current Employee - Lead Event Specialist  in  Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Event Specialist in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK

Pros

The people I work with on a daily basis are great. It changes daily, so always something new and different.

Cons

Most have an unreliable schedule and the hours can be limited. Communication from Supervisors can be limited to a fault. Basically a part-time job.

I would suggest that Supervisors are required to contact their employees, via email, at least once a week. This is a ongoing problem and creates great frustration to employees.

Ok

Current Employee - Retail Representative  in  Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Representative in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at CROSSMARK

Pros

Flexability in Part Time Position.

Cons

Not Really Physically Seeing and Dealing With Others in Company will likely have not growth potential.

There are newer employer reviews for CROSSMARK

Worked for CROSSMARK? Contribute to the Community!