There are newer employer reviews for CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK is a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CROSSMARK is filled with good people who know what they are doing. I enjoy the working atmosphere and the camaraderie. It's a company that is forward-thinking and innovative. For anyone considering the consumer goods industry as a career, I would recommend working at CROSSMARK.

Cons

There is a lot of work to be done, which can occasionally creep outside of the 8-5 workday.

reviews filtered by

I demonstrate food/product for Sam's.

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Reno, NV

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with great people, enjoy most customers and get between 2 and/or 3 days per week. Also have a wonderful supervisor.

Cons

I have been working for Crossmark for almost 2 years and have never had a raise, bonus or any type of incentive for a job well done. Although most of us continue to go over our goal we are never even given an "attaboy". Because of this the morale is horrible and at times depressing.

Advice to Management

If management wants more production from his employees he has to compensate in some form of incentive. Maybe a Christmas bonus; maybe a yearly raise; or maybe some type of reward for reaching ones goal. I personally get to my goal most events and get up to 10,000% often. What's up this this picture.

You can become a well trained, but still simply warm body

Current Employee - Retail Representative in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Retail Representative in Edison, NJ

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Crossmark's many business relationships allow you to work with a very diverse amount of companies, including (based on my experience) Shop Rite, Walgreens, Rite Aid, A&P and subsidiaries, Kings, CVS, and many more, which if you provide enough service to these stores, you learn a lot about their operations and employees, and thus can open up advancement opportunities through them.

Cons

On site supervision from your CROSSMARK supervisor is non-existant except for perhaps a week or two post hiring. While your supervisor can help you and give leniency when dealing with absences or inability to perform work, it's based on what you have reported over time, not actual onsite supervision of your skills. Thus, advancement within CROSSMARK is minimal.

Advice to Management

Many representatives are divided amongst a limited number of supervisors, while it is not a fiscally beneficial option to hire more supervisors, at the very least these supervisors should be contacting the individuals whom these stores work in direct contact. This way, either praise or criticism can be gathered from those who work with the representatives, instead of based purely on the results of information placed into the job tracking system.