There are newer employer reviews for CROSSMARK

Adequate, dependable, fun chain of command experience.

Current Employee - Retail Merchandising Representative in State College, PA
Current Employee - Retail Merchandising Representative in State College, PA

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You choose to commit to merchandising campaigns.

Cons

Although I've been well received and well reviewed by my supervisor, there's been no mention of any raise opportunities. They advertise insurance to me frequently.

Other Employee Reviews for CROSSMARK

1. Retail Supervisor Of Events

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time

Pros

The pay is okay...The employees under me where nice.

Cons

They hire you in with no exspriance, then they dont train you properly to do the position. Then when you do something wrong they dont correct you and give you the opertunity to prove yourself they let it all pile up and then terminate you. They also use their managers as a scape goat when sales are not going correctly when that has nothing to do with the manager. If someone does report their task on time the manager gets in trouble when there is nothing they can do but harrass thier employee. I had employees who didnt care about greet, tell, sale and their sales where bad. It didnt matter how much I coached them it didnt change. If I only schedualed the ones who sold good then I would get in trouble for not being fair with my scheduling...its a never ending battle of contradictions. They also play favorits and allow some to get away with things they dont let others.

Advice to Management

When you hire someone to do a managment position train them! Give them the tools to do the job properly. You cant just throw someone into a position and think they will figure it out and do it all right. That is very poor managment. No wonder your sales suck.

When you're desperate for work

Current Employee - Mentor & Retail Representative
    Current Employee - Mentor & Retail Representative

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, fellow under-paid employee comraderie, independant and team enviroments

Cons

No pay raises, no matter how long you've been with company or your great work performance. They are real 'sketchy' when it comes to paying admin time. They will hire people with less experience than you, at a higher rate, then have you train them without paying full trainers wages.

Advice to Management

Take care of the employees that take care of the company. Just because there are some that work PT does not mean that they are not looking out for the best interest of this company. The type of work being done in the field requires a level of trust, professionalism, energy and rapport with multiple levels of management in various enviroments, amongst other things. For those with a proven track record of success in even the most difficult-to-work scenarios, try offering pay incentives in the form of raises. Maybe then you'll see less disgruntled employees as well as less lawsuits.