There are newer employer reviews for CROSSMARK

Not terrible, definitely not what I was looking for.

Former Employee - Pet Nutritionist Specialist  in  San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Pet Nutritionist Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time for less than a year

Pros

I had an easy interview process via a Skype interview and was hired within a week or two of applying. Management was very patient, and was available to answer my questions when I needed them. I enjoyed being left to my own devices and not having someone breathe down my neck all day. It was a very laid-back environment most of the time, I could easily stand and talk to potential buyers for a very long time, making it easier to close sales. Taking this job really gave me a lot of sales experience. I saw other representatives for other food brands that had to lug around ridiculous things, like cardboard cut outs and tables and other display items. It was a great part-time job, with decent pay.

Cons

None of the training was hands-on. You play a few training flash games and then just get thrust into it. I got kind of lonely hanging out by myself in an aisle of various Petsmarts. The hours weren't great at 12 hours a week. After every work day you had to submit basically a survey about how much you sold, to who, some info about the customers, if they switched.

There was one weekend where I worked a store alongside another representative who worked for the same company, and it was the most sales and most fun I had. I think they should do more of that in the future so their employees don't just die of boredom.

452 Other Employee Reviews for CROSSMARK (View Most Recent)

Decent wage, unrealistic expectations

Former Employee - Event Specialist  in  Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Lansing, MI

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time for less than a year

Pros

The wage was fair for the work performed. The managers did the best they could in their circumstance. There were opportunities to advance.

Cons

Many of the Cons came from the Company we were there to represent, Sam's club. They provided unsafe equipment in a kitchen that was not OSHA safe. Crossmark managers were backed into corners daily about the poor performance of the specialist because we were not willing to put products into customers carts. They bullied us on a daily basis.

The contract between the company Crossmark is selling for needs to include stipulations to how the Crossmark employees are treated by the Walmart/Sam's employees. We were treated very poorly. Given faulty dangerous equipment. Managers were harassed daily. It was a very hostile work environment.

Very good company to work for.

Current Employee - Retail Representative
    Current Employee - Retail Representative

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, Great Co-workers, Company with a good name on the market

Cons

Any time a new position opens up, instead of promoting, they hire from outside.

More internal promotions

There are newer employer reviews for CROSSMARK

Worked for CROSSMARK? Contribute to the Community!