There are newer employer reviews for CROSSMARK

Not terrible, definitely not what I was looking for.

Former Employee - Pet Nutritionist Specialist in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Pet Nutritionist Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had an easy interview process via a Skype interview and was hired within a week or two of applying. Management was very patient, and was available to answer my questions when I needed them. I enjoyed being left to my own devices and not having someone breathe down my neck all day. It was a very laid-back environment most of the time, I could easily stand and talk to potential buyers for a very long time, making it easier to close sales. Taking this job really gave me a lot of sales experience. I saw other representatives for other food brands that had to lug around ridiculous things, like cardboard cut outs and tables and other display items. It was a great part-time job, with decent pay.

Cons

None of the training was hands-on. You play a few training flash games and then just get thrust into it. I got kind of lonely hanging out by myself in an aisle of various Petsmarts. The hours weren't great at 12 hours a week. After every work day you had to submit basically a survey about how much you sold, to who, some info about the customers, if they switched.

Advice to Management

There was one weekend where I worked a store alongside another representative who worked for the same company, and it was the most sales and most fun I had. I think they should do more of that in the future so their employees don't just die of boredom.

Other Employee Reviews for CROSSMARK

Very good company to work for.

Current Employee - Retail Representative
    Current Employee - Retail Representative

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, Great Co-workers, Company with a good name on the market

Cons

Any time a new position opens up, instead of promoting, they hire from outside.

Advice to Management

More internal promotions

2. Great Company

Pros

Quick weekend work, great for extra money. They pay a differential when in stores. Best part time job I was able to locate in this market. My supervisor is fantastic and really a joy to work for. You work independently so it hardly feels like a job, just do your job and you're fine!

Cons

Like any retail position, you will be working all weekends and holidays.