CROSSMARK

www.crossmark.com
  www.crossmark.com
There are newer employer reviews for CROSSMARK

As good as any other merchandising company.

Current Employee - Crossmark Retail Sales Representative
Current Employee - Crossmark Retail Sales Representative

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, left alone most of the time.

Cons

Too many racks and products pushed out to you, and never what you truly need, my house looks like a warehouse. Technology is behind and lacking.

Let sales reps order what they need for their territory. Update online sight and give us something other than these handheld PCs.

514 Other Employee Reviews for CROSSMARK (View Most Recent)

A place to gain experience before moving some place better.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You are exposed to some very big name companies within the CPG industry and it's a great place to learn a lot of industry knowledge. The corporate office used to have a very community and family like atmosphere but this has diminished with the higher turnover.

Cons

Training programs and materials for corporate based positions are poor to non-existent. They have an excellent training department but the majority of their materials are created for field based positions.

Overall compensation for salaried employees can be poor for the number of hours worked Salary ranges for a position vary widely and are kept very quiet. If your are promoted from within, you will be given a percentage raise that in some cases will not put you into even the bottom of the salary range for your new position. Bonuses are rare, small and can be denied if your division is collapsed regardless of your performance or the overall performance of the division.

Advancement opportunities have all but vanished unless you are part of the managment training program consisting primarily of recent college graduates.

Management trainees are a great resource for your future but don't forget about your tenured and experienced associates. They've been loyal to you but you aren't returning the favor in benefits, compensation or opportunities. They still have a lot to bring to the table that it will take years for the "new kids" to acquire IF they don't leave for better pay and benefits before then.

Decent pay, awful hours and benefits

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work is easy and occasionally fun, and the pay is fine for what you do. My supervisor is great about working with his employees, and he really seems to care about us. There is little if any micromanagement from my supervisor or his boss.

Cons

Working at Sam's club isn't overly enjoyable. About 10% of the members are extremely rude, and you are made to feel like unwanted step-children by the Sam's Club employees/management. Raises don't exist unless you get promoted, and there is very little room for promotion. The medical insurance is pretty sub-par. Hours get really scarce around June and stay that way until November - nobody stays in Arizona during the hot months.

What could I possibly say that upper management would listen to?

There are newer employer reviews for CROSSMARK