PT Work Is OK - Full Time Avoid:

Former Employee - Retail Supervisor of Events in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Retail Supervisor of Events in Plano, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The checks don't bounce. Company has some advantages for folks looking for part time, weekend or through the week work. Just know they have many divisions that pay different ranges.

Cons

Division management up to the senior leadership is very out of touch with the industry; this is most reflected in the compensation, benefits, ever changing job descriptions and unrealistic expectations placed on the core folks who actually do the work. This company "grows" through acquisition of other companies but end up destroying and gutting what they acquire then losing the contracts because they won't adapt and offer the same level of service the client is use to.

Advice to Management

Mimic companies like Publix, Costco & Winco who know how to value, respect and treat their human assets.

reviews filtered by
  1. We miss our Supervisor !!!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for Crossmark for more than 12 years. Had a supervisor in the Cleveland Ohio area who managed our dedicated sales team, probably the best supervisor I have ever had. Not sure what happened to him but he is no longer here, left about a year and a half ago. We all really miss him, he came out and worked with us more than anyone ever had before. He was always there for us, always answered our questions quickly and trained us to do our jobs better. He was excellent and great to work for. He always challenged us to do better and to keep improving. He always walked around the stores with us looking for additional selling space. He had a management style that was great, he worked very closely with us in the stores, taught us how to sell better, coached us on every visit and always gave us great feedback on how we could do better. I also know our client and stores really liked him too, but I think they were pretty upset when he left….we all miss him.

Cons

I have really seen this company go downhill in the past few years, mainly with senior management. It used to be a good company to work for, but not anymore. They keep laying off all the good people, now they are all gone. They no longer pay mileage anymore either and you are not aloud to work more than 40 hours a week, even if your accounts and office work take 45 or more hours, you don’t get paid for that additional time. Low pay with no raises and turnover is very high.

Advice to Management

Stop laying off all the good people.

2. Pretty good job...very flexible for college students

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Covington, GA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Covington, GA

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is pretty decent 10 to11 per hr
    You make your own hours...as long as the work is done by the deadlines it does not matter when you do it

Cons

Some time you get work added late, but as long as you check fairly often its not a big deal