Not bad

I have been working at CROSSMARK

Pros

Relaxed environment and attire, reasonable schedule, flexible management, opportunity to move around company (depending on who you're rubbed shoulders with)

Cons

A great deal of the staff have unpleasant attitudes, management not very personable (if you can even manage to find out who they are)

reviews filtered by
  1. Easy work, not stuck in an office all day!

Former Employee - Crossmark Retail Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Crossmark Retail Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Simple menial work for above minimum wage pay, mileage reimbursement, paid for drive time.

Cons

Pay is less than average for this type of work in my area.

A company that does not even pretend to care about its employees.

Current Employee - Project Administrator in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Project Administrator in Plano, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The wages are somewhat fair but nowhere near competitive.

Cons

I worked in the corporate office of crossmark for 5 years, and the revolving door at this company spins so fast it's crazy. And not just for the part time employees - everyone. This company can't even keep a CEO for longer than a year since Dave Baxley left.

It's a miserable environment with no training whatsoever. They just throw you in the mix and fire you if you can't hack it. The "service excellence meetings" that charade as training are a joke. There was one where we were literally handed a pile of office garbage like paper clips and old pens and asked to think of ways to use them to thank someone around us. If that doesn't sum up the crossmark way - I don't know what does.

Never in the 5 years of meetings and events was there ever even once a mention of wanting to be a good employer.

A friend of mine even won their highest service award the company has - the result - they gave her more work and a title change with NO raise whatsoever. And since she took it she won't be eligible for a raise for another year following.

I would be seriously surprised if crossmark is around in another 5 years. The company is bleeding money and squeezing it's employees for the difference instead of making a profitable business plan in the first place.

Advice to Management

Wake up and appreciate your employees. There is a reason you ratings and your profits are so low. Take a second to think about the people who work for you and the impact you have on them.