There are newer employer reviews for CROSSMARK

Not bad

I have been working at CROSSMARK

Pros

Relaxed environment and attire, reasonable schedule, flexible management, opportunity to move around company (depending on who you're rubbed shoulders with)

Cons

A great deal of the staff have unpleasant attitudes, management not very personable (if you can even manage to find out who they are)

452 Other Employee Reviews for CROSSMARK (View Most Recent)

Flexible Part-time employment

Current Employee - Event Specialist  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Extremely flexible work schedule. I have always been given the choice of the days that I am available to work. I couldn't ask for a better supervisor. No pay raises.

Cons

Not many hours when I really needed them. This is a seasonal job, centered around holidays, Christmas and Thanksgiving being the busiest.

How about a pay raise?

Demanding without Reward/Recognition

Current Employee - Retail Supervisor Events
    Current Employee - Retail Supervisor Events

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation is decent if you're located near the facility of the events, commute can be beyond 40 miles on occasion. Mileage pay is at or below the minimum which doesn't encourage interaction between events teams; as well as removing incentive to drive for additional hours.

Benefits are on par with other companies including health, dental, vision, and 401k.

Time off is reasonable and varies by management.

A great company to work for if you want to build the experience, but advancement is limited. Primarily focused on sales and merchandising, there is a definite opportunity to build individual understanding of how important it is to business.

Cons

Extreme level of micromanaging! Even in a supervisor role you will be constantly hounded to provided clarification despite your ability to manage your designated events team. I've been in the position for over 2 years and still have to defend every decision made to improve my team.

Opportunity to advance is typically only available to those willing to relocate outside of their current state.

Work/Life balance is significantly sacrificed to meet company demands and often requires long hours outside of the office to maintain 'compliance'. Compliance is often changed and varies per individual; this needs to be standard across the company to avoid confusion and create a positive atmosphere.

Allow managers and supervisors to do their job, provide them the support to improve themselves and their respective teams!

Training individuals to improve their performance would be critical if you want events teams to exceed expectations. District and Regional Managers tend to focus on the smaller matters and drive focus on any negative experiences; rarely providing positive criticism and helpful insights to the improve.

There are newer employer reviews for CROSSMARK

Worked for CROSSMARK? Contribute to the Community!