There are newer employer reviews for CRS Group

CRS is a great place to work for someone that loves learning something new everyday

Former Intern - Legal Research Analyst in Washington, DC
Former Intern - Legal Research Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at CRS Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hours. Great conversations with very smart people. Location in Washington D.C. is amazing. There is also a real feeling of accomplishment when your report is used by Congress to change or inform active legislation. Good job security too.

Cons

They pay is not the best for the skill set you bring to the table. Often the work can be frustrating when it is not used for its intended purpose.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Management is working within its mandate and should make sure to keep the organization's name pristine as it has done in the past.

Other Employee Reviews for CRS Group

1. Its another agency

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CRS Group (More than a year)

Pros

Solid contracts, well informed contract managers

Cons

Limited benefits, just another agency taking their cut of your hard earned dollars.

Advice to Management

Your contract employees will burn out when you don't compensate for vacation time or holidays. It is a stress creator. As they are your bread and butter, you ought to treat them better.

2. Dead end.

Current Employee - Helpdesk in New Albany, OH
    Current Employee - Helpdesk in New Albany, OH

Pros

It's a steady paycheck.

Cons

They offered absolutely nothing past a straight hourly wage. No chance for a raise ever. At one point a woman in HR ignored my attempted contact for weeks. Just to tell me what they advertised isn't offered and personally insulted my mother. Who does this in business? Not one concern about this from management despite repeated attempts. When they finally offered health insurance (pre Obamacare) it was terribly expensive. My personal plan at the time was 40% less than what they offered with much better coverage on my end. I have the feeling they went with the most expensive plan they could find knowing nobody could afford it with what they pay.

Advice to Management

Live up to what you advertise. Time and a half for mandatory holidays would be a good way to build loyalty. 401k, sick days and vacations shouldn't be reserved for office employees only. Your contractors, the ones earning and bringing in your money, would appreciate something more than the nothing optional that you offer.