There are newer employer reviews for CRST Expedited

Okay.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Cedar Rapids, IA
Current Employee - Recruiter in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at CRST Expedited

Pros

Company is fair and professional toward employees. Stable, well run company.

Cons

Everything revolves around the operating ratio and making money. Other trucking companies offer their employees a better atmosphere, compensation, and benefits.

There is more to an employee's work life than simply receiving compensation.

54 Other Employee Reviews for CRST Expedited (View Most Recent)

Money sucks not enough miles, and the schools are driver mill's

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at CRST Expedited full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Uh what's that come again. Big waste of time. No respect for drivers. Stay away far far far away. They will tell you anything to get the load there

Cons

They lie to every one. Don't care if you have a medical condition like diabetes they continue to run you without out breaks between loads. Trucks are utter crap I've been in 5 trucks in the past 18 months. No maintenance program and when they do go in the shop there only half assed fixed

Get your act together

Not a bad company if you know your team driver well.

I worked at CRST Expedited (more than an year)

Pros

Plenty of miles, air freight loads, drop and hook. Weather alerts sent to qualcomm and mandatory slow downs/shutdowns help new drivers. If you run hard your dispatcher will notice and give you plenty of miles.

Cons

Knowing your team driver well will help, if you just meet them at CRST, problems will likely develop within a couple of wks. I've seen that too many times and it will affect you negatively and your miles. Too many people are sitting due to not finding a team driver and team driving isn't easy. Night/weekend dispatch are often rude. I was an experienced driver as well as my boyfriend and we were off the road for 3 yrs so we had to go out with trainers. My trainer was not qualified for the job, couldn't back, or drive more than 5-6 hrs of her shift. That was disappointing.

All trainers should have to take a backing test to train, my trainer did not. Night/weekend dispatch should be held accountable for the way they treat drivers.

There are newer employer reviews for CRST Expedited