CRST Expedited

There are newer employer reviews for CRST Expedited

be careful

Former Employee - Truck Driver
Former Employee - Truck Driver

I worked at CRST Expedited full-time (more than a year)

Pros

they got me in a truck, I made at least the minimum wage allowed by federal law

Cons

They ripped me off. Two years ago I was stuck in the Georgia Heat wave with no fuel. the system was down. I asked dispatch if I could put my own money in for the fuel to get rolling and was given a quick yes for that. I spent over a month of Transflo-ing my 450.00 dollar receipt. My fleet manager Austin just kept telling me to send it in. I quit and for two years I repeatedly sent in request to get paid to the HR department. The only response I got was an invitation to come back and work for them again. Their twenty ten schedule doesn't work. Night crew always comes in and pulls your load and gives it to somebody else and always on friday. So you just sit the whole weekend and make no money. This is company policy they don't tell you about in the training. Don't work for these people if you can avoid it.

ZIP

64 Other Employee Reviews for CRST Expedited (View Most Recent)

Swing Low Sweet Golden Chariot

Current Employee - Professional Truck Driver in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Professional Truck Driver in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at CRST Expedited full-time

Pros

It is a quick way to get your cdl if you can't afford the school for yourself. Hot Guys, and Girls work in dispatch, HQ.
    they hire anyone with a pulse and a body temperature of 98.6 roughly and 22 chromosomes. (but that is questionable).

Cons

Uh Grab a Snickers* you will be here a while
           firstly Will the driver whom removed the brain from Maintenance please return it..they have been lacking it long before I even started
            secondly the night crew has no clue what goes on in a truck or how it operates
            thirdly the maintenance would rather you drive on old tires that are questionable at best.
            to get a tractor fixed it takes forever and a day while the maintenance crew plays keep-a-way with the only brain there
          the QUALCOMMs are really reconditioned Speak-N-Spells
          the freightliners are about as rough a ride as buck board manure wagon and constantly needing repairs
          the employees never take trailers to be serviced when needed. A lot of buck passing
          Planning constantly canceling loads or making impossible time frames for delivery.
          there computers are not much better than an ancient abacus. they often remove their shoes for numbers larger than ten.

Hire plenty of Gentlemen and Ladies with a brains and knowledge of trucking...retired drivers will do nicely in both fleet management and maintenance. find that brain and open up your wallet for new computers for the FMS and QUALLCOMMs with navigation for the drivers to plan routes and save fuel and time. I could be spending my time making loads instead of waiting for them to decide my tire gets changed. You need better people that will put their heart into the job

Wasted Nine Months of my Life at Riverside Terminal as a Safety Trainer...being harassed and bullied!

Former Employee - Safety Trainer in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Safety Trainer in Riverside, CA

I worked at CRST Expedited full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are no Pros with this company. Do NOT even bother stopping in OR calling! PERIOD!

This one Safety Trainer would treat the DRIVERS like children and made statements like...THEY AND THEM AND THOSE DRIVERS ARE.... You complete the sentence....

I thought that was callous and rude and uncalled for...as I AM A DRIVER FIRST....and I remember when I was new as well in the transportation field and needed guidance and structure from good leaders, managers and support staff. NOT FROM CLOWNS AND STAFF WITH NO PROFESIONAL DECORUM.

Cons

MAKE ONLY $45,000 A YEAR! I took a pay cut to join that miserable team of imbeciles.

With my years of experience and ability to really communicate with the employees, drivers like myself, but from a Safety and Training standpoint made one individual completely mad and perturbed with my ability to teach and train. Which made work horrible and unwelcomed on a daily basis. Yet, I still performed for US the DRIVERS...which I always indicated...I WAS FIRST and ALWAYS WILL BE! A driver. Where you all end up as drivers or management....REMEMBER my MOTTO! BE PERFECT, PERFECT RIGHT TURNS, PERFECT BACKING....BE PERFECT.

I have no advice to management! The best advice to give is often to defer from giving any advice. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! Keep up the good work! Wasted (9) nine months of my life there!

There are newer employer reviews for CRST Expedited