There are newer employer reviews for CRST Expedited

It's all about the operating ratio

Current Employee - Fleet Manager
Current Employee - Fleet Manager

I have been working at CRST Expedited

Pros

Salary is decent for the area
Coworkers are like a close knit family
CRST continually generates profit so jobs are secure

Cons

Management has no concern for overworking employees
Micromanaging is widely practiced to save every last dollar
They know it's hard to beat the pay so they treat you like you have no choice
There is no development of staff for promotion
Most management positions are filled from outside
When something isn't going right, the first reaction is to find someone to fire

You need to actually care about low company moral. The blatant disregard for the job satisfaction of everyone over the last couple years is showing in the mass exodus you are experiencing now that the economy is recovering.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good and bad. If you're determined to work here, do yourself a favor and only contract to drive for CRST DEDICATED SRVCS

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at CRST Expedited full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities in dedicated. They pay top $ for recent(last 10 yrs) experience.

Cons

Team operation ONLY. In Van Expedited you are treated like cattle(especially student drivers). Only a few terminals-real maintenence is an ordeal and costs you downtime and money. STUDENTS-you will be in the hole to CRST for 8 months. Youre expected to stay out 28 days at a time. Unless you have saved money or an alternate income, you will make very little money during this time. You will not be able to float a mortgage, rent, child support, car note, etc for over two months if you go through their training program, PERIOD. LEASE PURCHASE DRIVERS-Good luck. Unless you agree to take student drivers and get a steady volume of high value freight or air freight, you shall lose your $$$ in van expedited. They will send you via rent a car, to pick up your truck from where it was last abandoned and it wont be in ready condition. Best bring a partner or take students, for you will go broke running solo in van expedited. They own no daycabs...you are the local shag driver delivering loads someone else dropped. They experience 75% turnover in 28 days, no joke. If they hire 100 people today, 75 of them will not be here a month later. Company trucks go 65mph and lease trucks 68. Ive driven since 1989, for more than a few outfits. I leased here and lost, was a trainer in a company truck, not much fun either. I work for CRST ded srvcs now in the CAT fleet and its one of the few steady gigs they have. Nothing ive said is a lie or exaggeration, could tell you lots more. And yes, their recruiters will flat lie, exaggerate and omit facts(they did me), and your fleet mgr and ops mgr will care not in the least what was promised you. A word to the wise is sufficient ;-)

2. It's what you put into it, but pay sucks.

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Riverside, CA

I worked at CRST Expedited

Pros

You can obtain your cdl, make a few friends. My fleet manager was great if you go try to get tony nieland as your fm

Cons

Teams only, if your a good driver they will push you to stay out as long as possible before hometime. Money is horrible the first six months, in my 8 months there, I ran over 75k miles, I was lucky if I brought home 600.00 a week the first 6 months, after 6 you can make 800-1100 a week but you have to run hard, I lucked out with my partner we got along great from the begaining not many there though are dedicated to running hard, and if your a good team expect them to keep you out at least 4 weeks more likely 6 weeks at a time. All and all as a start up driver there are no good options but if your willing to put in the work and effort this is a good place to start. No one there really seems happy and last I heard you now have to do a 10 month contract if you get your cdl through them do your time and move on there's alot better pay out there then what they'll offer you.

Get your maitance depth working my biggest problem was down time waiting on shop, went to carlie, pa for a pm and was told I'd be lucky to get in that week and would need to camp in the parking lot, I forced my pm to be done at a outside shop, but there where pleat of people that just accepted it as fact. That's money lost to everyone involved, I was also advised to continue driving the truck even though the head gasket was blown leaking oil and the truck was shutting off with out warning. Also get rid of the Cascadia I drove 4 different trucks and all had stupid issuses, opt ideal not working was a big issuse when I was sitting in -12 climates

There are newer employer reviews for CRST Expedited