CRST Malone

Current Employee - Flat Bed Truck Driver in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Flat Bed Truck Driver in Birmingham, AL

Pros

If you don't have a family and like to drive over the road. The driver managers treat you with respect. Equipment is ok and if you like to work hard.

Cons

No family time. To many deductions come out your check and it don't include taxes or benefits. example: gross income for two months YTD earnings $14,000 deductions $11,000 Your total income $3,000. Their load board is poor. I found myself getting loads off of other company load board that pay less but kept me from being stuck. After 5:00pm to 7:00am central time zone. You are on your own staff is at home snuggled up in there bed lol. At least have preferable $2,000 in funds before you take on a lease purchase. This type of job can break you in a lot of ways.

Advice to Management

It seems like CRST malone has really thought things through. Needs a little work on the load board and after hours support.

Other Employee Reviews for CRST Malone

do not lease there truck unless your homeless

Pros

get way to get u and your family off the streets if your homeless... u will deliver there loads and u will be compensated buy having there truck to live in...please note u will not be paid and if u are it will be every other other week or at there lesiure.

Cons

word to the wise.........if you have a job that pays you consistanty dont leave them to come over here to lease from crst...i hear that owner op's do well but the lease purchase program is a rip off.

Advice to Management

realize that drivers make the company.....

2. Good deal overall for O/O

Current Contractor - O/O
    Current Contractor - O/O

I have been working at CRST Malone as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Malone for 3 years and have made a pretty good living. Pick your loads from the board and working with agents. You have to do both. Some areas will show no freight because they don't have any, others because it pays so well the loads are gone before they can post them. Once you figure out where the good freight is, you should be able to put together a profitable little business. Try to get booked out a day in advance so you don't waste time sitting. I usually run mon-fri but I can go home whenever I want. Nobody bothers me.

Cons

Very poor communication. Everything goes through your DM and I'm frequently blind sided and put on stop dispatch for pretty petty reasons. I have a phone.If there's a problem call me. The LP guys complain constantly about maintenance and other issues. My advice is bring your own truck and cut out 80% of the aggravation.

Advice to Management

Communicate directly with drivers. Put together a website where drivers can bring up issues and management can respond. The conference call is 90% a waste of my time. Your system does not work. Stop treating drivers like criminals because of Malone's CSA scores. We're only half of the problem.You have agents and shippers that put drivers in situations where they can't play by the rules.