There are newer employer reviews for CSAA Insurance Group

Constant re-organizations have destroyed employee morale at what used to be a nice place to work.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Glendale, AZ
Former Employee - Project Manager in Glendale, AZ

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

Great products & excellent service for insureds. Decent benefits, good work/life balance, dedicated employees despite major deficiencies in senior management skills, attitude, and behavior. Senior management is very arrogant and guided by egoism.

Cons

Multiple reorganizations (which indicate senior and middle management's inability to stick with a decision or plan) leaves employees very distrustful and in a constant state of flux over job instability. Layoffs of knowledgable employees followed by hiring contractors to replace them has led to many employees leaving the organization due to extreme dissatisfaction with the current regime. Egos and decisions based on emotion rather than facts is evidence of a poor management team.

Stick to your commitments! Stop the numerous re-organizations...updating the functional org chart has become a full-time job for some. Aligning the Project Management Office with Finance (rather than IT when the bulk of projects are IT projects) was and still is a disaster, resulting in several of the top Project Managers resigning out of disgust for the lack of awareness and appreciation of the very skilled IT Project Managers. Case in point: Upon hearing that a project sponsor was unhappy with the project manager, the PMO manager stated in a meeting attended by several people, "No, don't tell them, just let them fall flat on their face." What kind of support is that?? Mr. Gafney: You brought excellent experience to AAA NCNU but why can you not see, and dispense of, the petty-minded and unsupportive managers that poison the organization? A chain is only as strong as the weakest link, and there are several weak links in your midst. Please strengthen the chain in what used to be a great place to work.

reviews filtered by

Things just keep getting worse.

Current Employee - Casualty Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Casualty Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

Accrue lots of PTO. Somewhat flexible work schedule.

Cons

Benefits get worse each year. Raises get worse each year. Salaried employees get more and more work dumped on them as time passes. Paid far less than other companies pay for comparable job. Every supervisor gives you a different answer to the same question. There are weak supervisors that constantly override employees to satisfy complaining insureds despite what the policy says.

More and more phone time for "senior representatives". We are more of a call center rep at this point than an actual claims adjuster. Now they have us on schedules telling us when we have to be on the phone and when we have to take lunch. They want you to do extra things to get a larger raise but there is no time to do anything but sit at your desk and answer phone calls and try to work claims.

Be prepared for when the economy turns around because there is going to be a mass exodus of talented casualty adjusters that are sick of doing three jobs and only getting paid to do one.

Not the same company I started with

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

PTO, educational oppportunities, insurance and membership discounts

Cons

Too many managemenr and structural changes too quickly; 'brain drain' when laying off dedicated and knowledgeable employees; staff morale is at it's lowest...when visitiing a local office on the Peninsula, no one smiled, said hello or made the customers feel welcome. It's almost like the customer was an imposition. Employees have lost professionalism and banter back and forth about personal stuff in front of the customer. As a formwr employee, I was embarrassed to witness this. AAA used to be the best, but now I wonder if it is imploding.

Hire back managers who know AAA and can bring back the 'spark'. Consider not having goals for the front line and them holding them accountable for lack of walk-in opportunities. Bring back some form of claims rep to the local offices; it's what made AAA different and brought lots of sales opportunities into the offices. And Senior Executives should not be given bonuses for anything; they don't deserve them.

There are newer employer reviews for CSAA Insurance Group