CSAA Insurance Group

csaa-insurance.aaa.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for CSAA Insurance Group

AAA Pays my Bills - and some hefty ones, at that!

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

For all the constant restructure & management incompetance, I can't say my 10+ yrs with AAA have served me wrong. Each frustrating comp-plan change eventually leads to more $ in my pocket...so, I guess I can't complain.

Cons

My support staff is non-existant & my Mangement knows NOTHING! Somehow, they find a way to pay these people a pretty decent salary, yet I'm the one teaching them how to 'lead' the way? They don't even know how to use the Software let alone assist me in any way!

Sr Management seems to be the back-bone of the company...lower-level management is useless. Sr Management has always seemed open to my input & values my opinions...but, I guess that's to be expected when I put so much money in their pockets!

445 Other Employee Reviews for CSAA Insurance Group (View Most Recent)

CSAA is trying to find itself...with mixed results.

Current Employee - IT Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

Somehow CSAA/AAA NCNU has retained a small company feel. People know each other and for the most part are extremely supportive. Everyone means well. Yes, there have been layoffs, but employees were notified well in advance to give them a chance to find other (internal or external) jobs. Benefits and work/life balance are very good. It seems that conservative investment strategies will help the company weather the economic downturn.

Cons

Salaries are below market rate. Not necessary a con, but to succeed at this company, one must be a self-starter. Mentoring is still a buzzword. The future of this company (at least at its present size) is shaky. Management is challenged.

Leadership is first and foremost about vision. People want to feel that they are contributing in some way to a vision that will make something extraordinary happen. Employees are trying their best to contribute, but there are too many competing visions. They become distracted in trying to figure out priorities, and these distractions become embedded in our business processes and systems. Senior management must push those distractions out of the way so that the extraordinary can occur.

CSAA - better than most

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

Members come first. We really are a company that tries to do the best by the members. We work hard to get member and employee feedback and implement needed changes.

Changes that are going to affect employees are told far in advance so employees can prepare themselves even if telling the employees means a possible decline in work performance. They have also been very helpful in providing transitional assistance to those whose jobs have been eliminated. I don't see many companies provide that level of support for employees.

My bosses are very good at working with your schedule. They expect an honest day's work for an honest day's pay and will work with you to do that when situations occur that require you to have unusual hours.

Cons

Some people have been working here for a really long time and are set in their ways. It is hard to over come initial rejection of changes

Technology isn't the solution to everything. We have broken processes. I think we own just about every major software package out there but the process and enforcement doesn't improve so someone keeps thinking we need new software.

There are newer employer reviews for CSAA Insurance Group