There are newer employer reviews for CSAA Insurance Group

AAA Pays my Bills - and some hefty ones, at that!

Current Employee - Sales  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

For all the constant restructure & management incompetance, I can't say my 10+ yrs with AAA have served me wrong. Each frustrating comp-plan change eventually leads to more $ in my pocket...so, I guess I can't complain.

Cons

My support staff is non-existant & my Mangement knows NOTHING! Somehow, they find a way to pay these people a pretty decent salary, yet I'm the one teaching them how to 'lead' the way? They don't even know how to use the Software let alone assist me in any way!

Sr Management seems to be the back-bone of the company...lower-level management is useless. Sr Management has always seemed open to my input & values my opinions...but, I guess that's to be expected when I put so much money in their pockets!

410 Other Employee Reviews for CSAA Insurance Group (View Most Recent)

Solid company that destroying its self from the inside

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

work life balance - allow me to work I find challenging without it interferring with my personal life.

Cons

Career path not allows clear - no published criteria on what it takes to get promoted.

Focus - to many initiatives that compete for resources and financing. Take a strong look at the number of products in the portfolio and make cuts. Every product talks about beging a revenue generating product but are they profitable. Change the focus - profit is the only number that counts! Less is more

CSAA is trying to find itself...with mixed results.

Current Employee - IT Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

Somehow CSAA/AAA NCNU has retained a small company feel. People know each other and for the most part are extremely supportive. Everyone means well. Yes, there have been layoffs, but employees were notified well in advance to give them a chance to find other (internal or external) jobs. Benefits and work/life balance are very good. It seems that conservative investment strategies will help the company weather the economic downturn.

Cons

Salaries are below market rate. Not necessary a con, but to succeed at this company, one must be a self-starter. Mentoring is still a buzzword. The future of this company (at least at its present size) is shaky. Management is challenged.

Leadership is first and foremost about vision. People want to feel that they are contributing in some way to a vision that will make something extraordinary happen. Employees are trying their best to contribute, but there are too many competing visions. They become distracted in trying to figure out priorities, and these distractions become embedded in our business processes and systems. Senior management must push those distractions out of the way so that the extraordinary can occur.

There are newer employer reviews for CSAA Insurance Group

Worked for CSAA Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!