CSAA Insurance Group
www.aaa4insurance.com Walnut Creek, CA 5000+ Employees

Continue to focus on the heavy lifting

IT Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Glendale, AZ

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

ProsThe opportunity to make a difference in the company. This company is in transition both from a business model and cultural perspective. These are not easy things to accomplish. When you choose to participate in such a transition, you need to understand that everything isn't black and white. Transition is change, so the way things are today, may well be different in a month or two months; and it may be different again two months later - that is what transition is all about. If you aren't comfortable with change, you may find it a challenge. If you thrive on change, then you will fit in well.

ConsOne needs to always have patience - it is no different here than elsewhere, the attributes vary, but the net is not unlike other companies. It is a changing environment; that is both an upside and a downside, depending upon what your personal comfort level is. For me, change has always been a part of the environment in which I have worked. If you expect everything to be described, defined, the "i's" dotted, and the "t's" crossed, then you will be dissapointed. If you thrive on the challenge of making things better and fully engaging, overcoming obstacles, and taking personal accountability, then you will find it very interesting.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold firm to the discipline to execute against plan!

Zero Direction, Stubborn, Illogical, & Blind To It's Failings

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros: - District Office Jobs are the best & Most Secure positions in the company. - Been in Business for 100 years. - Visions & Values Culture is… Cons: - Senior Management has zero direction 98% of the time - The 2% of the time Senior Management has a direction, they will not relinquish that… Advice to Senior Management: 1. Start listening to your front line employees instead of the "yes" people you surround yourself with. 2. Don't be afraid to drop a bad program… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Do not choose this company as a long term career path.

Worker Bee (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros: In this economy, I'm grateful to still have a job… Cons: To get promoted or otherwise recognized, you must kiss ass to the ELT (Executive Leadership Team) and DLT (Divisional Leadership team) members. The ELT… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of CEO James Pouliot, who has used CSAA for his personal gain by creating a new company, ACA, that handles call center… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CSAA Insurance Group.

Worked for CSAA Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CSAA Insurance Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CSAA Insurance Group CEO Paula Downey. All reviews posted anonymously by CSAA Insurance Group employees.