CSAA Insurance Group

sadistic manager

Former Employee - SSA in Reno, NV
Former Employee - SSA in Reno, NV

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

good benefits awesome coworkers good office envoronment

Cons

ISM...one in particular after the lay off and new management organization. This person makes up the rules as they go along, makes up lies...uses scare tactics and threats to try to motivate. They have different standards than other managers. This would be the perfect job if this particualr manager would leave the company. The negativity, mindgames self promoting behavior and micromanaging will cause a bunch of employees to leave and find other work. Apparently, the only way to get along is to keep your mouth shut and do the best you can do...it wont be good enough but at least you know you did your very best. I have not worked for this manager for a long time yet but the horrible treatment is apparent.

please keep a closer eye on your managers because they could cause a huge problem for you in the long run. this one could cause you to have a lawsuit be careful

433 Other Employee Reviews for CSAA Insurance Group (View Most Recent)

great pay but too much BS to deal with

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

good pay not worth it

Cons

people who seriously need to be fired are kept on forever. senior management has their collective head in their collective hind end. the technology was state of the art in 1976. the best performers are constantly burdened to take up the slack for the worst performers (the same people who are kept on forever and ever)

stop trying ideas and throwing them away after 5 minutes - this is business not kindergarten - you aren't going to get immediate satisfaction

CSAA - It used to be a great place to work

Current Employee - Physical Damage Appraiser - Auto in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Physical Damage Appraiser - Auto in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

The people that work for CSAA are awesome - hard working, dedicated, caring people, even though there's not much to work with a lot of the time. CSAA employees really care about their members and genuinely want the members to receive superior customer service. I have been lucky while working at CSAA in having some of the best, most supportive supervisors I could have hoped for, who genuinely care about their employees and in want to help them succeed and move forward in their careers. For most of my career, my employer has been very helpful and understanding when I've needed time off.

Cons

Where to begin? It feels like there is no loyalty at CSAA anymore, and that is a HUGE downside in my opinion. They bring in some bigwig to complete shake up the company, cut a ton of jobs and expenses, who is only around for a couple of years until somone finally realizes that they should have left what was working alone & looked for a better solution, and then the bigwig leaves to go screw up another company while we are left to try to fix what he (or she) has screwed up. Those of us who are left with jobs are left without some of the best and most knowledgeable employees CSAA had, who should never have been let go. I have lost a great deal of respect for CSAA and senior management, and therefore much of my loyalty as well. It's hard to feel loyalty toward a company that you know will turn it's back on you without a second's hesitation, as they have just done twice in the last six months. Why would I put in 19 years with a company to have them lay me off when I'm not ready to go? It just feels wrong. They could have looked for, and found, other solutions.

Go back to the way it was! We were doing really well! Get rid of whoever it is who keeps laying our best employees off and find a new solution! This is a wonderful group of people who can come up with alternate scenarios to reach the same goal. Give them a chance, at least!!!

There are newer employer reviews for CSAA Insurance Group