There are newer employer reviews for CSAA Insurance Group

AAA: Where dreams go to die.

Current Employee - Claims Service Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Claims Service Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing is worth what you will experience working at CSAA, AAA, NCNU IE / MAIG, or whatever we are calling ourselves this month. Zombieland, every day is pure dread.

Cons

Every miserable moment of every day. Trust me, just don't do it. Clueless, moronic and incompetent supervisors and managers the likes of which will astonish you; good for the entertainment value, but frustrating to work with. Promotions (rare) are based on either your "diversity category", or the buddy system, and border on outright discrimination, with total disregard to experience, education, ability or intelligence. This company has become nothing more than a crappy call center. Crushing workload, people carried out on stretchers monthly due to stress.

During your next round of layoffs, fire everyone in the organization that has been there for more than ten years, or in the same position for more than five. Then resign in disgrace.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good First Step but that's about it

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Benefits are pretty good and ahead of most other companies .
    - Good first step into the whole corporate world
    - Encourages employee wellness and rewards employees who take advantage

Cons

- Constant reorgs. During my past few years here, there has been 2 major layoffs.
    - Too many lifers who cruise and unwillingness to share information
    - Management does not really help with career advancements
    - Political atomsphere

Instead of hiring contractors, why not retain the people who knows the work instead of the constant reorgs.

Decent for building experience and then moving on.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people are nice, for the most part, and mean well. The work is steady, and the company is relatively stable. Also, it's good for work/life balance for those with families.

Cons

There are too many "lifers." For example, my boss has been there 15 years, and hasn't been promoted in at least 5 years. People are complacent with doing their set job and not really advancing.

For someone like me, that's not a place I want to stay more than 3 years, max, because there is no growth potential in terms of role and responsibility (and also compensation). It would be great if I were 55-60 and riding this job out into retirement, though (which it seems is many people's plan).

Lots of managers get by with just being managers... not leaders. Also, they frequently slack off their work onto subordinates with no recognition or praise. There are lots of people at the company who get by solely on past reputation (because they've been there forever), but couldn't do the job of their current subordinates if those folks left (which they undoubtedly will due to lack of advancement opportunities).

Stop using consultants to ISP (layoff) people after Deloitte/Accenture tell you to. Also, if we don't have the money for more employees, how do we consistently have money for these bi-monthly "treats?" Personally, you can keep the massages and wellness activities and just increase my take home pay.

There are newer employer reviews for CSAA Insurance Group