CSC
2.9 of 5 1,681 reviews
www.csc.com Falls Church, VA 5000+ Employees

CSC saves money by cutting employee benefits

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at CSC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros1. They pay your paycheck in a consistent time frame.

2. Most of the employees are friendly and generally good people to work with.

Cons1. Consistent 5 day forced vacation or leave without pay if employee does not have over 5 days vacation.

2. Health care coverage is extremely poor. Even their high deductible plan has a high premium. CSC claimed that their coverage was within industry standards but any research proved this claim to be false.

3. If you have recurring prescriptions they force you to use mail-order.

4. Health care coverage is tiered so the more you make the more you pay.

3. CSC has a poorly developed performance appraisal process. If you are in a group of 200 people it will be split into smaller groups of about 10. Managers will be directed to distribute the ratings as follows: 1 of the 10 would be ranked as above average, 8 would be ranked as average, and 1 would be ranked below average. Only 20 people out of the 200 will get a "raise" which traditionally does not even match inflation. In short 180 people will not even see cost of living increases.

4. Promotions are extremely rare. If you stay within one group your career growth will likely be horizontal. The only way to make any vertical movement is to move around within the company.

5. I have seen multiple people fired based solely on salary level. I even witnessed a manager fired so that his manager could take his place.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop cutting your employees benefits to cover your own failures

Senior Director, BD

Senior Director (Former Employee)
Falls Church, VA

I worked at CSC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Thoroughly enjoyed my 23 years at CSC but ... Cons: Left (3) years ago because I was told that I need to "shop at Ann Taylor" and get my haircut shorter for any chance of… Advice to Senior Management: Maybe things have changed under Lawrie - not sure but CSC needs to get a reality check… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

No opportunity to move up or anywhere for that matter

Chantilly, VA

I have been working at CSC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - Flexibility - Team environment - Paid vacation and holidays Cons: - No incentitives to keep moral up - Constantly changing processes that arent necessarily broken - No opportunity to move up unless you know the hiring manager… Advice to Senior Management: Perhaps it would be helpful to provide suggestions on improvements of one's supervisor or manager. Also provide better healthcare options… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on CSC.

Worked for CSC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CSC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CSC CEO Mike Lawrie. All reviews posted anonymously by CSC employees.