CSC
2.9 of 5 1,682 reviews
www.csc.com Falls Church, VA 5000+ Employees

Thoughts from a long-time CSCer

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at CSC full-time for more than 10 years

ProsHistorically employee focused, collaborative, great place to work

ConsWith Mike Lawrie's restructuring plan things have changed dramatically. Benefits were reduced and employees fear salary cuts are next. We just finished the first round of restructuring/flattening/layoffs and it appears a second round will begin soon. Even employees fully billable to contracts have been terminated. Everyone, even Executive VPs, is being moved to tiny 6' x 4' cubes without walls - you literally look the person across from you in the face while working. Staff reductions carried out byt 20-somethings from Boston Consulting who seem to have no regard for value, evaluations or performance of staff. Today, it's an environment of uncertainty, doubt and fear.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with employees. Rather than vague discussion of flattening the organization and being customer focused tell us that there will be layoffs and why. Tell us that in order to reduce real estate costs everyone is being moved into move compact space. If you'd just be open and communicate with the employees you'd reduce anxiety and find you have a much more motivated and understanding workforce.

Great Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CSC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Work Culture was one of the best Cons: Benefits and Compensation were not aligned to industry standards Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Competitive pay, very intelligent colleagues, going through transformation in North America

Recruiter (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at CSC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Very competitive compensation for bleeding edge I..T. consultants and analysts. A lot of seasoned… Cons: The current transformation has resulted in employees feeling insecure this past year (3/2012-3/2013). Change in employees' benefit premiums that began 1/2103 has been… Advice to Senior Management: Reach out to your subordinates and reassure them that the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on CSC.

Worked for CSC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CSC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CSC CEO Mike Lawrie. All reviews posted anonymously by CSC employees.