CSC
2.9 of 5 1,682 reviews
www.csc.com Falls Church, VA 5000+ Employees

September 2013 review

Computer Scientist (Former Employee)
Columbia, MD

I worked at CSC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsRelatively stable employment environment, as efforts are made to redeploy employees to other contracts, if CSC contract on current job comes to an end.

ConsCSC does mainly Federal Government contracts, some of which may require security clearance, including secret clearance which may be a problem with some people.

Too many managers, too few engaged employees

I have been working at CSC

Pros: Lots of technology around to learn, great way to springboard a new career.… Cons: Too heavy on technology-challenged management, leads to poor decisions from a technical perspective. Almost ran out of business a few years ago (search forbes… Advice to Senior Management: Gallup showed you the employee engagement problem years ago. You are not going to fix this problem by changing polling companies, so stop doing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place to work

Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I worked at CSC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: One of the best reasons that are good about CSC is that we were allowed… Cons: Contract work. When the contract ended it is up to the employee to find another job within CSC… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CSC.

Worked for CSC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CSC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CSC CEO Mike Lawrie. All reviews posted anonymously by CSC employees.