There are newer employer reviews for CSC UK

Great People & Environment - if only they paid market rates...

Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at CSC UK

Pros

- Excellent Teams - Super flexible to your needs (homeworking, role change, account change etc...) - Need to 'network' to achieve personal goals - but support offered to do this. - Line Managers are very supportive but not enough authority to make 'things happen'. - Good choice of accounts (most industries covered). - Compared to other companies, good processes in place. - Very good grad scheme (flexible to get what you want out of it)/

Cons

- Salaries are not competitive. - Difficult to get a promotion, even if you are working at a 'level higher'. - Matrix promotion structure which is open to plenty interpretation, sometimes seen as unfair.

Advice to Management

CSC is a great place to work, and many of the people I met had been with tthe company for over 20years. Everyone is laid back and down to earth. I left the company with many friends for life. Management have high (harsh) targets so it is easy to see what the drivers are. Everyone I worked with was always helpful, supportive -and often would go beyond the call of duty. It's just a shame that CSC are not able to pay market values. e.g. I am doing the same role now for 17k more. So there is a huge discrepancy.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Deteriorating

I have been working at CSC UK

Pros

Good people in the workforce.

Cons

Senior Management constantly fumbling around trying to reinvent the wheel and cut costs in the wrong areas. Systems are haphazard, overblown and innapropriate to the task.

Advice to Management

leave

100% billable hours are an ongoing nuisance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at CSC UK

Pros

- Flexible benefits mean up to 40 days leave. - Working from home is an option

Cons

- I'm 100% billable. Therefore I need to find project to fill _all_ my time. - I'm responsible for hunting down 'cost codes' to bill to. - Penny wise and pound foolish - expenses are severely curtailed, when realistically - occasionally, face to face meetings save a lot more man hours than they'd 'cost'. - In the business of selling time and materials.

Advice to Management

- Billable hours is a worthless commodity to trade in, as it's self devaluing. Focus instead on providing a service. Don't bill by the hour, as that _only_ works in very basic quantifiable tasks.