There are newer employer reviews for CSG International

All in all, not a bad place to work

Former Employee - Consultant in Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Consultant in Cambridge, MA

I worked at CSG International

Pros

Working in a consulting group probably didn't give me the best impression of the rest of the company, but my group was full of smart, talented people who prided themselves on doing a good job.
Although my travel schedule was at times brutal, there was no punching the clock when I was home. I could work from home whenever I wanted and nobody minded.
The benefits seemed comparable to what I could have gotten at any other area company.

Cons

Although my group always remained the same, it seemed like there were constant re-orgs above us.

If you want people to stay at the company, you have to train them.

reviews filtered by

Proceed with Caution

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at CSG International

Pros

Great learning opportunities and a great place to network.

Cons

Management is disrespectful and judgemental. Lots of cliques and general lack of respect for the lower level "worker-bees". HR is not on the employee's side, but on the side of the employer, regardless if the employee is being discriminated against. Further, layoffs are a constant thing... at least once every two years.

Communicate more and embrace different styles and ideas. Stop aquiring companies when all it means is that you are going to lay people off again and again. Although the bottom line is important, stop punishing those that work hard for you... find a way to keep them in the company instead of letting them go when RIFs are needed.

2. A company that wants to be "cool" and "agile", but ends up just being another Initech.

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst

I have been working at CSG International

Pros

Casual work environment. Flexible on work schedules. Goal-based work attitude. The people are generally very nice to work with. The general attitude and corporate climate is positive. Most people are competent at their job. The computer policy is liberal, that is, things are not so locked-down you can't do your job. But really, the casual dress is the best thing.

Cons

Very lethargic in innovating and developing new products. Not open to new ideas and improvements in business products and processes. Close-minded. Very bureaucratic. Most of the time, it seems like ideas are solicited, but then are tossed aside due to lack of support from management.

The senior management talks big regarding "innovation" and "performance", but is not supportive of bottom-up ideas that could save the company money and increase revenue. I would recommend supporting experimenting with alternative hardware and software systems that aren't IBM.

There are newer employer reviews for CSG International