CSG Systems International

Disappointing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at CSG Systems International

Pros

Pay - Co-workers - Benefits - location - work environment - challenging work

Cons

Middle to Upper Management can be terrible in many of the departments - favoritism (many based on who you know and how much money you have- definately not based on the knowledge and experience you bring to the table - promotions being offered to those that have no experience or knowledge at all)- unfair and unethical at times - layoffs

Have a consulting team come and in meet with your middle managers, upper management, and your associates. Listen to what the consultants offer as feedback and take steps to resolve the issues that you will be made aware of.

56 Other Employee Reviews for CSG Systems International (View Most Recent)

Not the right place for anyone who is a professional with integrity

Former Employee - Software Tester in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Software Tester in Omaha, NE

I worked at CSG Systems International

Pros

Free popcorn. Given early out on the eve of holidays. Not a horrendous amount of overtime. Interesting and challenging work. Some very nice smart coworkers.

Cons

People there are frightened of making a mistake, frightened of offending "the ear", and afraid to trust each other. Example: small group of developers discussed a laborious paper process that could be replaced by file compare, sounded like they have wanted this for a long time. I'm not a developer but I thought I'd bounce the idea off a developer from another team. Other developer quickly looked around to be sure we were alone, dropped voice to a whisper and said "You HAVE to be careful what you say! There are people who have been here a long time and don't want things to change." The good news is I see they are advertising for an internal auditor so maybe the cloak and dagger era of process improvement will end soon.

Empower the technical staff to make changes, they know what isn't working and how to fix it. Support the technical staff instead of treating them like they cannot be trusted. Figure out which people are refusing to allow change and figure out what is causing the fear in the technical staff. Maybe an anonymous hotline for whistle-blowers would help. Train the managers on how to be managers.

Great place to work but don't count on a long tenure

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Omaha, NE

I worked at CSG Systems International

Pros

Relaxed Atmosphere, Challanging Work, Great People To Work With. New buidings in 2012.

Cons

The more tenure you have, the less job security
    Morale low due to long work hours

Focus on your people and watch how well they perform. You have some talented people working at CSG that are overworked and under appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for CSG Systems International