CSG Systems International

www.csgi.com

Not a bad place to work - stable (but perhaps too stable?)

Former Employee - Director of Professional Services  in  Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Director of Professional Services in Omaha, NE

Pros

Solid company - they have been around for a long time and are profitable. Large enough that there are at least some advancement opportunities, but small enough to be somewhat agile. Very focused on taking care of customers. Great people, especially in customer-facing roles.

Cons

Stability, which is good, but also makes it somewhat boring. Promotions are hard to come by, at least in the manager-director levels (perhaps because it's a conservative-minded midwestern company and folks like their jobs just enough to stay). Biggest customers continue to demand more and more from CSG, and the company tends to try to do more work with the same number of people, which can lead to burnout.

Do a better job of career-pathing your top performers - establish more formal employee development programs. Take some risk by growing the business outside of cable in a bigger way than the few small mergers they have done.

Other reviews for CSG Systems International

All in all, not a bad place to work

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Working in a consulting group probably didn't give me the best impression of the rest of the company, but my group was full of smart, talented people who prided themselves on doing a good job.
    Although my travel schedule was at times brutal, there was no punching the clock when I was home. I could work from home whenever I wanted and nobody minded.
    The benefits seemed comparable to what I could have gotten at any other area company.

Cons

Although my group always remained the same, it seemed like there were constant re-orgs above us.

If you want people to stay at the company, you have to train them.

Proceed with Caution

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

Great learning opportunities and a great place to network.

Cons

Management is disrespectful and judgemental. Lots of cliques and general lack of respect for the lower level "worker-bees". HR is not on the employee's side, but on the side of the employer, regardless if the employee is being discriminated against. Further, layoffs are a constant thing... at least once every two years.

Communicate more and embrace different styles and ideas. Stop aquiring companies when all it means is that you are going to lay people off again and again. Although the bottom line is important, stop punishing those that work hard for you... find a way to keep them in the company instead of letting them go when RIFs are needed.

There are newer employer reviews for CSG Systems International.

Worked for CSG Systems International? Contribute to the Community!