CSG Systems International

Stay Away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, NJ

I worked at CSG Systems International

Pros

Stable very stable than needed

Cons

New jersey location in general is highly unorganized with no work life balance. Every one is requried to do so many roles from manager to programmer to analyst to tester,that it is impossible to do every thing in time without working all the time. For extra work there is hardly any career growth in the organization.

They should look at how other locations are working more closely than assuming

54 Other Employee Reviews for CSG Systems International (View Most Recent)

Neutral

Former Employee - Technical Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at CSG Systems International

Pros

Financially they are a sound company with a great business model. peer support is terrific. Pay is above average for the industry and location. Very family friendly.

Cons

In some areas of the company the way projects are handled is very casual. There is no structure to understanding the pros and cons of deciding on a project, the execution of the project and the follow up.
    Often there is a paralysis of execution for routine tasks because of the overwhelming amount documentation required.

Senior mgmt does not do a good job of understanding and appreciating the work effort of the empoyees.

Senior management needs to do a better job of recognizing, understanding and appreciating the effort put forth by their employees.

Can't imagine leaving CSG

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at CSG Systems International

Pros

As the saying goes, CSG has been very, very good to me ;-) I move to CSG several years ago from the banking industry and have rarely regretted that decision. CSG has offered me steady, secure employment, which is in short supply today. Although there have been some rocky roads regarding an occasional project or reporting manager, the work atmosphere I'm working in is healthy and supportive. Plus they pay well and they pay every two weeks!

Cons

I've worked on the occasional project where the team was not functioning well and the team members’ attitudes were negative. Eventually those projects were closed and the teams disbanded. In my opinion, most of those projects should have died months before they did.

Management is doing a fine job now and I would ask that they do two things:
    - Keep valuing your employees because they are your most important resource.
    - Keep the lines of communication open with the rank and file.

There are newer employer reviews for CSG Systems International