There are newer employer reviews for CSL

Good comapny to work for

Former Employee - Software Developer in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)
Former Employee - Software Developer in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I worked at CSL full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work /Life Balance and Culture & Values

Cons

Senior Management is not so good

9 Other Employee Reviews for CSL (View Most Recent)

Love working with really smart people who are passionate about what they do.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at CSL

Pros

We make life saving products and people who work here have a real sense of purpose. The Company is high integrity and there is plenty of scope for advancement as they like to promote internally. The international aspect is good - we have a lot of contact with colleagues from around the world and the Company believes in supporting travel to work face to face with colleagues and build strong relationshios. The Company is financially secure.

Cons

The site and some of the offices in Melbourne are old fashioned and a bit shabby. If you are working on international projects youj often have to take calls late at night.

Great people, poor middle management, excellent company.

Current Employee - Analyst in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at CSL full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent colleges to work with. Excellent company perks compared to other companies I've worked for. Well developed processes, structured and mature company. The industry agreement in place makes the company benefits and payment structure very transparent to employees. Enables me to see where i am in terms of salary and where i can go when it comes to annual performance review. And the performance review process is one of the best I've seen.

Cons

Management are the bottle necks. Some are great; sadly depends who you report to. They take too long to make decisions and do things for the sake of doing things rather than for the good of the company or for the sake of improving processes. Too many middle and senior bosses who think and stay short term in their role. No long term commitments. Sad to see a successful company badly run when it can go and do so much better and faster. I'm not working as fast as I am capable or making a difference as fast as I would like.

Less politics, recognize the management bottle necks and do something about it or remove it (don't move it elsewhere in the business). This will make things move and happen faster because it's proud managers stopping or delaying progress, not processes causing the bottle necks.

There are newer employer reviews for CSL