CSX

www.csx.com
  www.csx.com
There are newer employer reviews for CSX

While an active employee, over all good

Current Employee - Manager in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at CSX

Pros

Pay, benefits, education opportunity, diversity

Cons

If you retired after 2003, the company executives decided to stick our insurance premiums on our backs.
They failed to tell us retiring boomers that once a $15,000 ceiling was crossed (per family) we'd carry the burden of our insurance cost. We were never told this during our retirement seminars. Even those who retired in the summer of 2011 were not told. Our insurance premiums increased by 94% for 2012. This had the effect of wiping out our management pensions. That's the appreciation we received for acheiving the position of management. Forty years as an employee and twenty as management. That's a big thanks. A multi billion dollar industry is just too cheap to help us for five years until we reach medicare age. CSX never adjusted the ceiling they set in 2003, how's that for planning?

Think about how youer decisions are going to effect the people who were your loyal employees and did all of your dirty work. What's $1100.00 a month for insurance for someone making six and seven figures plus stock options and huge bonuses?

192 Other Employee Reviews for CSX (View Most Recent)

safety first

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at CSX

Pros

secure and safety first is mandatory.

Cons

shift work, and until you have seniority in the union you get the worst jobs.

be involved

If you want respect or time with your family, look elsewhere.

Current Employee - Locomotive Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Locomotive Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at CSX

Pros

Decent pay - health benefits - railroad retirement

Cons

Long hours - Time away from family - no respect from management - hassled every time you need a day off - csx believes that the rr is more important than your family.

Get a life and get out of the weeds. Stop hiring fresh college grads for management they just screw everything up. Over my time with csx I have seen hundreds of these idiots come and go. They always come in and think they are "going to "change" things around here", all they do is screw the place up until csx decides to fire them or move them. Start taking your TM's and other management from operating crafts and you will find that things run much more smoothly.

There are newer employer reviews for CSX