CSX

www.csx.com
  www.csx.com
There are newer employer reviews for CSX

Stable & pay is slightly above average, but they get their money's worth & then some from you.

I have been working at CSX

Pros

Fortune 500
Fairly stable
Prestige of big company

Cons

Opportunities for advancement within are not good
Stable almost to the point of stagnation
Not all senior level management behave like people make the difference.

Mr Ward does a great job leading by example. I think the entire rank & file respects and trusts him. However, some of the management team need to learn how to lead by example and treat employees as part of a TEAM rather than treating them with condescion.

188 Other Employee Reviews for CSX (View Most Recent)

While an active employee, over all good

I have been working at CSX

Pros

Pay, benefits, education opportunity, diversity

Cons

If you retired after 2003, the company executives decided to stick our insurance premiums on our backs.
    They failed to tell us retiring boomers that once a $15,000 ceiling was crossed (per family) we'd carry the burden of our insurance cost. We were never told this during our retirement seminars. Even those who retired in the summer of 2011 were not told. Our insurance premiums increased by 94% for 2012. This had the effect of wiping out our management pensions. That's the appreciation we received for acheiving the position of management. Forty years as an employee and twenty as management. That's a big thanks. A multi billion dollar industry is just too cheap to help us for five years until we reach medicare age. CSX never adjusted the ceiling they set in 2003, how's that for planning?

Think about how youer decisions are going to effect the people who were your loyal employees and did all of your dirty work. What's $1100.00 a month for insurance for someone making six and seven figures plus stock options and huge bonuses?

safety first

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at CSX

Pros

secure and safety first is mandatory.

Cons

shift work, and until you have seniority in the union you get the worst jobs.

be involved