CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC

www.ctb.com
There are newer employer reviews for CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC

Former Employee Speaks Out

I worked at CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC

Pros

Pay for middle management positions is generally comparable to that offered by other similar companies--But the greatest reward came from knowing that, via sound assessments, employees could have a positive influence on education across the country.

Cons

Lack of respect and appreciation by management for its employees; requirement to be available and/or working 24/7. People are held accountable for factors over which they have no authority or control.

It has been well documented that praise and acknowledgement are superior to money as rewards to employees. CTB falls far short of doing this. Badgering and belittling are common tactics for some managers, and employees do not respond well to these management techniques.

47 Other Employee Reviews for CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC (View Most Recent)

It's been a while since I worked there.....but good people are still there

I worked at CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC

Pros

Committed staff of good people still hanging in there. Great history to re-build upon.

Cons

Challenges adapting to the changing assessment market. Too many layoffs and questionable choices of who stayed or went as part of the last round, but necessary to keep the books balanced I guess.

Always keep in mind what made you great and that its your staff that got you there and will again if you treat them right.

Temp to Full Time

I have been working at CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I had started at CTB as a Kelly temporary worker. I was initially hired to work on assessments for first and second grade, but over the years, I have worked on various grades. I have enjoyed working for CTB/McGraw-Hill, and I have had mostly positive experiences. I have enjoyed working with most everyone that I have met at CTB. CTB has great benefits, which include the ability to work from home. I also took part in the McGraw-Hill softball team, which was a nice perk of being an employee of McGraw-Hill Education/CTB. I do miss the meetings with Terry McGraw, and things have definitely changed since McGraw-Hill split up into two companies. However, I would still recommend working for CTB to friends, and I even recommended it to a teacher at a review last month. I think Ellen has been an excellent CEO, and it has truly been a pleasure working for her. She has integrity and class, and it would have been a pleasure to meet her.​

Cons

Unfortunately, some of our peers are petty and immature. People will put their own personal agendas ahead of what is best for the company.

Also, please note the review from October that was poorly written. This program has a spellcheck, so the spelling errors are a red flag. The person who wrote it was probably from another company, or a person with their own personal agenda. In any case, it is very disappointing to see fake reviews about this company.

There are newer employer reviews for CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC