CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service)

www.ctis-inc.com
  www.ctis-inc.com
There are newer employer reviews for CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service)

not good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service)

Pros

its a good place to learn a new trade

Cons

the knoxville office has their favorites and does not treat everyone equal especially girls in dispatch always on the phone with friends never can get thru to finish and close jobs to spend time with our families

screen girls in dispatch need time with our family

9 Other Employee Reviews for CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) (View Most Recent)

Only work here if you have no where else to go

Current Employee - Cable Technician
    Current Employee - Cable Technician

I have been working at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The paychecks were on time, and did not bounce. You will learn about cable TV. The interviewer will try to clue you in by saying "This job isn't for everyone..." They'll probably hire you if you look strong, and can pass the drug and driving check.

Cons

Poor training - they offer training, but my trainer walked out/quit, and only after a few weeks of training, they put me in the field (this is common). There's plenty of yelling, high stress, broken equipment that's needed for the job, and performance pressure. Lots of 72 to 80 hour work weeks, and even with that you won't ever see their "performance bonus". If you ask about it, they say if you worked faster, you wouldn't have to work so many hours and you would see a bonus - ha, how original. The jobs that earn the performance bonuses are for their favorite techs. The job is minimum wage all the way. In the interview, they'll say you'll make much more, but in reality it's from all the overtime.

The weekly safety meetings are a joke and put you behind schedule, and you will be expected to climb ladders and work in the wind/rain though the safety meetings say not to, but you'll have no choice if you want to make time and keep your job. Like the other reviewers say, they'll stick it to you when you leave by charging you high prices for the lost screw driver/drill bit, usually to the tune of $200. If you work here, make sure you have it in writing for each tool you receive, keep them at home, and use your own cheap tools instead. I've been here for 6 months and I'm done. The bad atmosphere comes from corporate and local management feels the heat too. They throw the word "fired" around like it's candy coming out of a Pez dispenser, and that tactic, along with the long hours and low pay, cause good people to quit.

A better business model would be to hire more techs, or pay the good techs more, versus paying minimum wage and having an extraordinarily high turnover rate.

Company has no respect for employees and works us like dogs, 80+ hrs weekly, must work 6 a week.

Current Employee - Field Tech in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Field Tech in Jackson, MS

Pros

There is always work, but you will not have any time for a life. Even while working 6 days a week, you won't see a lot of money, around 60% of workforce makes minimum wages with OT of course. Take home company truck, only real positive.

Cons

Scheduling is a nightmare, dispatch is ran by complete fools. Overall, you could describe the management as idiots wrapped up in morons, no joke. Common sense really doesn't exist, a couple field managers have common sense, but they will straight up tell you they can't use it. I would say it's amazing how they are still in business, but I guess Comcast doesn't have a care in the world how a contractor makes their company look. Our turnover rate is through the roof and always has been, I'm leaving in a week, they don't deserve a notice, can't wait to breathe again.... Oh, also we no longer receive any benefits. More money directly to the owners pockets, just horrible people.

quit lying to techs and let us work 5 days a week. And of course, pay us more, not asking for the world, just something semi respectable for our hard work.