CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service)

www.ctis-inc.com
  www.ctis-inc.com
There are newer employer reviews for CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service)

not good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service)

Pros

its a good place to learn a new trade

Cons

the knoxville office has their favorites and does not treat everyone equal especially girls in dispatch always on the phone with friends never can get thru to finish and close jobs to spend time with our families

screen girls in dispatch need time with our family

10 Other Employee Reviews for CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) (View Most Recent)

Long hours, fun work environment, horable management

Current Employee - Cable Technician in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Cable Technician in Augusta, GA

I have been working at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work by yourself most of the day. Great work environment around other techs (made some good friends)

Cons

13-16hr work days for 14-21 days in a row then 1 day off and then another 14-21 days in a row. I can't stand the management here. I was on 1 job until 1:30am and my supervisor would not come help me even tho he is required to stay out and help until all the techs complete their routes. 70% of the equipment you get from the warehouse will be broken every day. Just buy your own tools to make your life a lot earlier on jobs. You'll be threatened to get fired a lot but just brush it off.

Get a new project manager. The current manager (who I hear has had the position for over 7 years) needs to quit. Everyone there hates him. He is always rude and talks to you like your stupid. And the managers are not helpful at all. If you get stuck on a job or need advice ect, don't expect your supervisor to answer their phones; and if they do answer, they will be joking around at the warehouse.

Company has no respect for employees and works us like dogs, 80+ hrs weekly, must work 6 a week.

Current Employee - Field Tech in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Field Tech in Jackson, MS

Pros

There is always work, but you will not have any time for a life. Even while working 6 days a week, you won't see a lot of money, around 60% of workforce makes minimum wages with OT of course. Take home company truck, only real positive.

Cons

Scheduling is a nightmare, dispatch is ran by complete fools. Overall, you could describe the management as idiots wrapped up in morons, no joke. Common sense really doesn't exist, a couple field managers have common sense, but they will straight up tell you they can't use it. I would say it's amazing how they are still in business, but I guess Comcast doesn't have a care in the world how a contractor makes their company look. Our turnover rate is through the roof and always has been, I'm leaving in a week, they don't deserve a notice, can't wait to breathe again.... Oh, also we no longer receive any benefits. More money directly to the owners pockets, just horrible people.

quit lying to techs and let us work 5 days a week. And of course, pay us more, not asking for the world, just something semi respectable for our hard work.