CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service)

www.ctis-inc.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service)

Beware..

Former Employee - Cable Tech in Port Charlotte, FL
Former Employee - Cable Tech in Port Charlotte, FL

I worked at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I seriously can't think of any real pros of this job.

Cons

Overall a very seazy company. The only thing professional about these guys is that they're pros at screwing the employees. Don't trust them, and if you do get hired, document everything! You'll need it to build your case for Wage and Hourly. Thats what I did and it was worth the hassle.

Its all piece work, which means you will be working 12 to sometimes 16 hours a day and they will find ways to NOT pay you. And when you quit, make sure you quit at the end of the day on Saturday. This is very important because if you dont, you will never see your final paycheck. Why? Because the pay period ends on Thursdays and you're paid on Fridays. They pay you for the week prior and they expect you to quit on a payday because most people do. Dont quit on a Friday because that gives them time to contact payroll and hold your final check the following week (one scam is to claim you have missing tools and bill you for them). If you wait until late Saturday then that weeks payroll is already sent to to be processed by a third party company, which means its too late for them to take money out. If you do this, all they can do is try to bill you for them, which is what they did to me. Luckily I documented everything.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to management, only a warning. Your hubris was and is your downfall. Oh yeah, make sure that the next employee you screw isn't related to the Govonor. =O

reviews filtered by

Very poor! Not a fair company to work for.

Current Employee - Wife of Technician in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Wife of Technician in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service)

Pros

You might learn a new skill or trade, but that is about it. The only good thing about it is that it is a job.

Cons

They do not fairly treat their employees. The upper management could care less if the technicians have families. If they could keep them out in the field all night they would. If an employee asks for a day off, whether for court, personal reasons, or medical condition--forget it. You are expected to show up. The scheduler makes up his own set of rules for time off even when given advanced notice months in advance. The rules change each day that the techs don't know if they are scheduled or not. There is favoritism, so if your not on this list you get crap jobs. The girls in the dispatch office make personal calls on the companies phones, therefore the techs cannot get through to close out jobs. They have families and they want to get done. One techs house burned down and was told to chose between his family or his job. WHAT Kind of place is this. They are unfair in all aspects. I hope that another company comes in and pulls there contracts out from under them and shuts them down. My husband is trying to find work elsewhere, but for now he is stuck with this place. OH and BTW it must be nice for the management staff to play golf on company time.

Advice to Management

Clean up your act. Treat your techs like people and not dogs. Have a little bit of compassion for their families that would like to be able to see them AWAKE. Pay closer attention to the girls in the office and stop the personal phone calls. Get rid of your scheduler, because he is uncaring and cannot schedule. (Jobs should be in the same area- not back and forth all over town as well as equal for all). Your supervisors should have to complete at least 5 good size jobs themselves every week just to remember that it is not an easy job. Stop rushing your techs, they are supposed to work at a safe pace. Unless you want them to get hurt. Start Caring a little more.

not good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at CTIS (Cable Television Installation & Service)

Pros

its a good place to learn a new trade

Cons

the knoxville office has their favorites and does not treat everyone equal especially girls in dispatch always on the phone with friends never can get thru to finish and close jobs to spend time with our families

Advice to Management

screen girls in dispatch need time with our family