CTL Transportation

Bad and ugly

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Mulberry, FL
Former Employee - Truck Driver in Mulberry, FL

I worked at CTL Transportation

Pros

a job if you really really need one

Cons

Bad pay, old wore out truck, job not as described. I was offered repayment of costs for truck driving school, a pay rate that was over stated, and a retirement plan. When I got there they said "OH" you just missed the date for repayment of school, your pay is 10% less then stated, and we had to suspend the 401(K). No medical insurance for like 3 months.

Get some new trucks!!!!

5 Other Employee Reviews for CTL Transportation (View Most Recent)

Good start up job for new drivers.

Former Employee - Hazmat Tanker Tractor Trailer Driver in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Hazmat Tanker Tractor Trailer Driver in Houston, TX

I worked at CTL Transportation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I appreciated the opportunity to become a driver trainer, they gave me a lot of useful tools that came with the intercompany training.

Cons

Being a satellite terminal sometimes it felt like the office wasn't given the attention it needed in regard to equipment and information. They also took ten percent of our pay with the promise that it would be given back and it never was.

In my seven years with the company there were at least five different terminal managers, I cant help but wonder why, was it bad hiring practices or were they not given the support they needed from upper management.

Get some experience and move on.

Former Employee - Local Dedicated in Saint Gabriel, LA
    Former Employee - Local Dedicated in Saint Gabriel, LA

I worked at CTL Transportation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

a good place to get your initial truck driving experience with the opportunity to become a driver trainer with less than a year experience. Flexible work schedules. Many former employees who got their start with CTL go on to bigger and better things with other companies.

Cons

Good drivers are abused because they are asked to help out the slackers. There are almost no consequences for rule infractions other than wrecks so most people stop caring. Even experienced drivers are treated like new truck driving school graduates. Minimal manning, so the terminal manager and dispatcher don't have time to talk with employees or customers. Most terminals are in a state of disrepair with dirty bathrooms, old computers and minimal equipment. Even the terminal manager's furniture is threadbare. Low pay, so the turnover rate probably approaches triple digits. Very political, if you cross the line, you'll pay the price. No opportunities for owner-operators/lease operators.

Hire some new blood to manage your terminals and take their advice even if it means firing some of the current crop of yes boys. STOP trying to micro manage everything from Florida and empower the terminal managers. If you aren't going to get off the golf course and invest a little time and money in the company, do us a favor and SELL the company. Maybe Kenan is still in the market to buy another tanker company.

There are newer employer reviews for CTL Transportation