There are newer employer reviews for CTS (Computer Technology Solutions)

Great company to get experience

Current Employee - Consultant II in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Consultant II in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to get experience. They promote many different types of training. They pay and give bonuses for certifications. The entry level positions are asked to learn about all major technologies we work with before focusing on their field.

Cons

You are a consultant, meaning sometimes you may be asked to travel to a client's site. Consultants sometimes work odd hours. Most days are the standard 8:30-5:30, but that may change due to deadlines or client obligations. If you do not know how to balance work and life without the standard 9-5 situation, this is not for you.
If you only want to do one thing and one thing only, this is not the place for you. They push you to make you more well rounded. QA people sometimes do a little development work and vise versa.

Utilize the subjective factors more when considering people for promotion. Just because they met all pre-reqs for promotion does not mean they are ready.

31 Other Employee Reviews for CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (View Most Recent)

There are many technological opportunities here with efforts rewarded.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Birmingham, AL

Pros

I have been able to work within a large range of software development and business intelligence technologies (Microsoft, Informatica, Oracle). I can walk down the hall and discuss my weekend or work life with the CEO or any of the upper management. Bosses seem to actually care how the stress of current projects relates to an employee. The company has a "do your job well, and you will be rewarded well" attitude.

Cons

For my current position, there is nothing about which I can complain. Any "perceptions" about management or leadership would not be based on direct fact and therefore not relevant. I am happy with my career here.

Share more information and efforts downstream to prepare roles close to future leadership. Get employees more involved in community projects and charities in order to increase a sense of "worth."

CTS Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions)

Pros

CTS is an awesome place to work. It was named the number one place to work for in Alabama last year and placed second the year before.

Cons

This is the only place I have ever worked where they expect employees to buy stock instead of awarding stock to them.

There are newer employer reviews for CTS (Computer Technology Solutions)