CUNA Mutual

www.cunamutual.com

CUNA Mutual has friendly, intelligent staff and a laid-back, fun environment.

Current Employee - IT Applications Development  in  Madison, WI
Current Employee - IT Applications Development in Madison, WI

Pros

Friendly and receptive staff. Huge IT department. Very flexible, allowing you to move between departments. Intern projects which matter and are used in production. Huge credit union/coop support. Beautiful sun-lit Atrium. On-campus gym (LifeSite). Cafeteria with delicious food and decent prices. Underground tunnels for days with bad weather. Very laid-back atmosphere -- can basically choose your own hours. Very impressive internship program -- well-structured, very involving, very flexible.

Cons

Poor initial communication from HR, but my view of this was completely changed after starting. Lots of meetings, but generally this is beneficial for gaining knowledge about projects and the company in general.

Try to be more specific with goals and terminology. I know it's hard to do this when there are so many departments and sub-departments, but many of us were confused with the idea of "Agility."

Other reviews for CUNA Mutual

Long-term employee -- company has been very good to me

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Pros

CUNA Mutual cares about the people that work here and provides opportunities to move around within the company. I've worked here for over 20 years and have had multiple jobs/roles during this time and feel i've been compensated well and treated fairly. If you work hard and get the job done, you will be rewarded with new opportunities. CUNA Mutual also understands that it's important to invest in their people and provides many training options. I believe CUNA Mutual is truly a "career company". If you take personal ownership of your own career, leveraging the resources that are available, you can have a long and satisfying work experience.

Cons

Like all larger organizations, it's hard to keep up with the many different initiatives and activities. We've made great improvements in communicating to our employees, but need to keep this as a key focus. We need to continue to understand how our work fits into the end goal of serving credit unions and credit union memembers.

Do whatever you can to get "face-time" with employees at all levels of the organization. Take time to know what energizes and motivates your team.

It was a great company; but all that changed with the latest executive team.

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Vice President in Madison, WI

Pros

Great city and great marketplace.

Cons

The company has gone the way of other large corporations: The executive team is arrogant and employees are treated as disposable.

If you don't like the city, the employee group, and the marketplace, go find another company to run into the ground.

There are newer employer reviews for CUNA Mutual.

Worked for CUNA Mutual? Contribute to the Community!