CURO Health Services

Great Company to work for

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Mooresville, NC
Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Mooresville, NC

I worked at CURO Health Services full-time

Pros

Encouraging Management
Helping Coworkers
Learning Curve is good
Good Work/Life Balance

Cons

No complaints whatsoever. So far so good.

Keep up the good work.

8 Other Employee Reviews for CURO Health Services (View Most Recent)

I have enjoyed working for this company and would encouraged others to apply.

Current Employee - Hospice RN Case Manager in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Hospice RN Case Manager in Greenville, SC

I have been working at CURO Health Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Supportive hospice team and terrific CD

Cons

NONE at this time NA

Would love to be able to use the Blue Book with this company,,,, I have been a hospice for a long time and this is the first time not using. I would encourage to use it within all our hospices. It is vital to family members to be educated on the dying experience and what to expect . Gone from My sight is the best teaching tool for families.

I LOOOOVE BEING A HOSPICE RN...It is an honor and a blessing to care for someone in their final days. ♥

Former Employee - Hospice RN Case Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Hospice RN Case Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at CURO Health Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- AMAZING PRN RATES!!! $4250 was my largest check covering a 2 week period!!! (After taxes, I cleared over $72k as a hospice RN in 2013.) And. I've only been a RN for 2 years! #boss

- Patient visits are front loaded on Monday. Therefore, you make your weekly schedules! Can you say Free Fridays??! :)

- PRN RN paid 55 cents/mile. FT CM paid $250 car stipend each month.

- 21 DAYS OF PAID PTO plus all major holidays are paid days off for FT CMs.

- Opportunity to be a positive influence in life of terminal patient and their family.

- Intimately connect with, educate, counsel, guide, and calm fears during the most emotional and scary time in someone's life.

- Assist patient with end of life planning... patients prepare for their exit from this world and do not leave the burden on their children or other grief stricken family members.

- $50/month cell phone allowance for all nursing staff.

- free (company provided) high quality, embroided scrub tops.

- free (company provided) Sprint 4G tablet/cover with roaming data, wifi and gps (FREE REPLACEMENT MAILED if broken, dropped, lost)...makes charting quick and easy!!

- EVERYONE THINKS YOU ARE AN ANGEL OR A SAINT!! I don't really understand this... I am just doing my job. And. I happen to be very good at it. Not a miracle worker, just an awesome critical thinker!!

- Never pay for a speeding ticket again!! For real. Heehee. :)

Cons

- I see dead people. Like 24/7.

- I cry. Daily. Not when a patient dies, but I usually weap for those left behind because I know the heartache feels almost unbearable at TOD.

- Compassion fatigue. It is real. And. It sucks. Sometimes you just gotta walk away from the job...for your own happiness and health.

- Hospice is not a "shift" job... People die...all the time. Usually...it's right as you fall asleep, in the middle of your kid's dance recital, or on major holidays. And. Don't even get me started on full moons!!! That's when all geriatric patients go cuckoo...for real. That full moon brings out the "Jeckel" in my sweet old babies!

- Losing your favorite patient will wreck you. Probably forever. My favorite, "Pop," took a piece of my heart with him to Heaven.

- Visits from 8a-5p. Call from 5p-8a. Yep. That's zero time for sleep. But. Sleep is overrated, right??

- I spend more time with my old babies than my own baby.

- 10,000+ miles/month on MY car working in rural/country areas. Blows!!! I bought TWO FULL SETS OF TIRES (Dec 31 & May 15).

- Pretty sure WANDA, my gps unit in my car, drinks and drives...She makes me "wanda" around looking like an idiot...all the time!!

Monitor employees for compassion fatigue.

Offer counseling or spiritual help, in house, after the loss of patient.

Offer incentives to finish charting daily so RNs don't get behind...this is what struggled with!!

Company parties to meet and greet each other, since we are all out in the field.

More in house training.