CUSO Financial Services

Terrible Program Management for Advisors

Advisor (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CUSO Financial Services full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you have a good credit union you can overcome ineffective program management.

ConsYou must be an experienced, competent advisor on your own or you will fail. Avoid working in a managed program. Program managers provide little to no value but have a need to be involved as much as possible so they can justify to the credit union (their client) that they are worth 40% of the total revenue they take. Program mangers do not have an interest in an advisors personal success. If you get into a dual program with a good credit union you won't have to deal with that however. Much of the back office staff is difficult to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhittle down middle management which provides little value to front line producers and look for indiviuals who are in touch with the advisory world of today, not the 80s.

Disappointing

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at CUSO Financial Services

Pros: Paperless office, and clears trades through pershing Cons: mediocre technology, lack luster back office support Advice to Senior Management: Invest more in technology and be more advisor friendly No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at CUSO Financial Services

Pros: fun atmosphere, great corporate culture Cons: people are not very efficient sometimes Advice to Senior Management: management needs to communicate better Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CUSO Financial Services.

Worked for CUSO Financial Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CUSO Financial Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CUSO Financial Services CEO Valorie Seyfert. All reviews posted anonymously by CUSO Financial Services employees.